sipping liquids ? getting everything in

shoop
on 11/8/11 2:48 am
 Hey 
just have a question about liquids and sipping...my nut gave me her handout on the post op diet and hers states that I should have about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup an hour ...then they want of course the 50-60 mg of protein and for me to do the full liquid meals...im having a small problem getting all of this in.  I know that she states two to three shakes a day...can these be counted as liquids and meals? If i sip 1/2 a cup and hour it takes me about three hours to finish one shake..and of course i have to have water...any ideas on how i can make this a bit easier for myself...i am on full liquids stage.

thanks in advance

theshrinkingmimi
on 11/8/11 6:53 am
I think your NUT is talking about sipping water.  You need water.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
emelar
on 11/8/11 7:23 am - TX
Here's my theory on the full liquid post-op diet.....EVERYTHING counts as liquid - shakes, water, protein drinks, milk, jello, popsicles, soup.  Your job is to keep putting liquids in your mouth until you've hit 8 glasses worth and 60 oz of protein worth.

There are no real "meals" in the full liquid stage.  I didn't start worrying about distinguishing meals from liquids until I was eating food (please note, I didn't have a mushie stage - went from full liquids to soft foods).
shoop
on 11/8/11 8:20 am
 i dont have a mushy stage either its from full to soft foods as well! ...thank you for the info that is very helpful bc i was freaking out on how i was supposed to get everything in one day with all of this swelling
PsychoWriter
on 11/8/11 11:03 am - St Petersburg, FL
Today is day 6 post op for me n on full liquid diet as well. I was told to count all liquids toward my daily goal. So all my tea, crystal light, protein shakes, broth, jello, popsicles, etc. if ya count that way it makes it much easier. Also as a helpful tip, if you can't get ask your protein and liquid in you might want to try something like New Whey protein shots. I swear by them. It's a 4oz tube that contains 42gm of protein in each tube. Since your body 8am only absorb like 20gm of protein at a time I break up the tube into 2 servings. You really can't beat a product that will give you that much protein in such a small package. You can get them at cvs, walgreens or my personal favorite-vitamin shoppe! Good luck.

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

shoop
on 11/9/11 12:09 am
 Ty will def go check those out today! bc i cant seem to get everything in...the protein is the hardest thing for me to make sure is there~ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views