Rcool
on 11/9/11 5:01 am

Hi! I'm new around here & just set up my surgery date for Dec. 15th. I have been trying lose weight on my own for 6yrs, after failing many times I decided VSG should be my next step.  This was a hard decision because I suffer with mild Cushing's Disease & a condition called POTS. Some of my fellow cushies feel the surgery would be a big mistake. My bestfriend even thinks the surgery is a horrible idea. She said "if you need to lose 5lbs before surgery why not lose 100!" I'm kinda feeling alone in this journy although my parents & husband are wonderfully supportive it still hurts that my close friends are not.  I look forward getting to know you all.  Any advice would be great.

Kim_M
on 11/9/11 5:26 am - LaPorte, TX
Welcome !! BThis is a great site

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
3DogNight _
on 11/9/11 5:38 am - Clarkston, GA
Hey!  Welcome to this wonderful board.  Only you and your surgeon/doctors can determine if this surgery is right for you.  Regardless, this board has been an invaluable place of information, support, encouragement and the occasional kick in the butt.

3DogNight

apple55
on 11/9/11 5:57 am
Congratulations on a new beginning for you, and this is for you and your health, don't worry about others, I am proud of your decision to celebrate who you are.

Maureen K.
on 11/9/11 7:01 am
Welcome soon to be sleever you welk get tons of support here. I agree that if the surgeon says it is ok for you to have this surgery then thAt is all you need. I know we would love for everyone especially those closest to is to be supportive but in real life unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. Hopefully they will come around when they see how happy you are and if not remember that this is their issue not yours, this is your life you have to live it not them so do what is best for you. I wish you alk the best on your journey it is truly an awesome ride.

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Ashleyxx
on 11/9/11 7:26 am - Detroit, MI
Welcome to the forums Rcool :)
Rcool
on 11/9/11 10:03 am
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! XO
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views