which one is worse??

brownowl
on 11/10/11 8:43 pm
i have had four open operations on my stomach and bowels, and now the gastric sleeve the pain level was nothing like the pain of having open surgury where they have cut through every layer of mustle and fat , the worse pain is gas pain but when you start moving the pain goes away and you are more mobile after a few days with keyhole surgury hope this helps xxxx
RhondaLynn
on 11/10/11 10:26 pm
I am 9 days post op.  I have had NO PAIN.  I have had some mild discomfort that felt like I had done too many sit ups.  But no real lpain!  

about 7 years ago I had a really weird hernia and they couldn't do the surgery laparoscopic (sp) so I was cut from pubic bone to breast bone.   That hurt, not terrible but there was pain.  The sleeve surgery.. NO pain, I didn't even have gas pain that everyone talks about.  I know everyone is different and your pain level is different but it is very possible to have this surgery and not be in pain.!

I had the surgery on a Wednesday 11/2, and came back to work (school secretary) on Monday 11/7.  The first 2 days back at school I worked 1/2 days. 

Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views