eggs

bklyncat58
on 11/10/11 10:14 pm - NJ
Wow I will be a month post-op on sun. the 13th . this morn. I finally ate 1 whole scrambled egg with a teaspoon of chedder cheese . do you think that is to much. and went out to dinner last night with the family it was a fish and chip place. I ordered broiled flounder and put some lemon on it and dipped in ****tail sauce it was so good I think I ate about 3- 4 ounces gave the baked potatoe to hubby and daughter to eat and had a teeny tiny taste it was good . Hope I'm doing good any advice . thanks

denebbers
on 11/10/11 10:58 pm - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Hey! so far I have not been able to eat a whole egg. Even if I wait over 30 mins.. Im working on it though As for protein, I was able to eat 2 oz of pulled pork in a 30 min span which made me very happy, but also gave me the foamies. Im still eating too fast

I don't know when I'll be able to eat 2-3 oz in one sitting, but you look like you're doing great!

Deneb
heathermc44
on 11/11/11 2:10 am - Bremerton, WA
That sounds about right.  Fish can be less dense then say chicken or steak so you probably will be able to eat more.  I'm 16 months out and can only eat about 1 scrambled egg with cheese.  I can maybe eat 1 1/2 eggs if I eat it slowly and take a while.  I still can't eat 2 ounces of any heavy, dense protein.  How much have you lost?  I noticed your ticker hasn't been updated.

edelu
on 11/11/11 2:34 am - los angeles, CA
People have different rates of swelling that is mostly the difference in what folks can eat early out.  I had no swelling i was getting in my water easily right from the get go and i was able for 1 whole egg with some cheese at 1 month.  i was also getting in all my tuna salad and the like and was freaked out by how little everyone else seemed to be eating.  however everyone caught up with me and I'm still eating the same amounts, so all evens out.  be thankful you are not struggling to get food down.  That sounds horrible.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views