Vitamin supplements after surgery

BETHC500
on 11/12/11 8:18 pm

I was wondering what vitamin supplements everyone takes after surgery.  How long do you take them for. My Nut has me taking a bunch of supplements Iron, Vit D, Calcium, multi vitamin morning and night, and B12.  is this normal? Do I have to take them for the rest of my life or just until I am eating more normally and then go down to just a multi.  If the vitamin routine changes, when?  Just one more thing I never really asked about.

USAF Wife
on 11/12/11 8:59 pm
Here's the ASMBS recommendation for Vitamins/Nutrients/Minerals This is a huge document, good information.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/publicASMBS/GuidelinesStatements/Guidelines/bgs_final.pdf

I honestly think I have one of the easiest regimen.

2 Celebrate Multi Plus ( with Iron)

2 Celebrate Calcicum Citrate 500 (with Magnesium and Vitamin D)

1 -  2500mcg B12 ( 1 every other day now that I'm not pregnant)

1 Multi with breakfast, 1 Multi with Lunch

1 calcium late afternoon, 1 calcium after dinner

B12 when I remember it.

In my losing stage, I did 3 Calciums, but in maintenance and with the amount of cheese and yogurt I eat, I don't need 1500mg any longer.

For reference on another VSG'er and not using good vitamins (there are most posts around here about vitamin levels tanking, this is  just the most recent that I have bookmarked)
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4464230/DONT-LET-THIS-HAPPEN-TO-YOU/

I will remain on this or a very similar regimen for the rest of my life regardless of how much or how "normal" I'm eating.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

BETHC500
on 11/15/11 3:43 pm
My doctor prescribed the vit B nasal spray one spray per week.  Your regimen does seem to be quite easy. Do you order the celebrate vit. online or are they avaliable in health food store or GNC?
USAF Wife
on 11/15/11 9:58 pm
I order them directly from Celebrate.

You can actually request a 100% free (even free shipping) from them by emailing them at [email protected] Just tell them you had VSG and you'd like a sample pack of the multi and calcium varieties.

I seriously love, love, love their vitamins, and was so happy that I was able to stay on them through my entire pregnancy. Plus, my labs remained absolutely stellar throughout the pregnancy.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/13/11 1:13 am
I take exactly what USAirforce Wife takes, except I take the Kirkland brand (which rates very high in absorbency in consumer testing).  Plus, I take a B-complex a few times a week, too.

My plan states that vitamins are for life.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Karen Vaughan
on 11/13/11 12:19 pm - GA
Has anyone taken the EcoWater or Veggie and Fruit pills they sell at Costco? They are supoosed to be HIGH in everything we can't get naturally? Just curious I bought some....?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views