back at home....

amberk82
on 11/16/11 9:26 am

I am back at home from having my surgery Mon. surgery went well. I never imagined gas pain like I have had!!! I would not wish that on anybody! They kept me an extra day since I had high high blood pressure and I had a hard time getting my fluids in. I am having a really hard time getting in protein at this point..not sure if protein is the #1 thing on my list?? I am not sure if my main point right now is getting in fluids?? If anyone has any insight on this let me know. Thanks so much to everyone for all your prayers and thoughts on my journey!!

Palmettosleeve
on 11/16/11 10:02 am - Pawleys Island, SC
protein is important but fluids is most important right now. you can eat very little right now cause of swelling and you should be on a clear liquid diet (unless your dr is different than others). so you wont be getting much protein and you can always sip on a protein drink all day but mostly make sure you're getting in as much water as you can. dehydration is the leading cause of rehospitalization after WLS. good luck in your journey and congrats!
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

kimbethin
on 11/16/11 12:19 pm - CA
Glad you are home.  I promise everyday gets better.  Walking really helped me feel better after surgery, even short distances a few times each day.  I was told to focus on liquids at first.  Once I got to full liquids I started protein shakes to get more protein and added protein powder to yogurt, sf pudding and soup.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
newme2011-2012
on 11/16/11 12:58 pm
I was on all clear liquids for 7 days , starting with surgery day. Now on to full liquids whi*****ludes the protiens. I think getting the liquids in at first is the MOST important!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

amberk82
on 11/16/11 8:59 pm
thanks so much for your help! I started my clear liquid diet the day after surgery and I have focused on just liquids right now..I have tried mixing my isopure protein water with my crystal light and thats ok...I can not think about food right now at all. I wanted to make sure that was normal. I am walking and sipping as much as I possibly can! Where do you get the protein powder? Is it taste free? 
mstiffany2u2
on 11/16/11 11:44 pm - VA
i had surgery last week and due to me not being able to swallow the Dr keep me an extra day.....when i was discharged he advise me to get my fluids in first and not to stress on getting proteins....he wanted me to wait one week before i tried any protein...and yesterday was the first day i was able to consume one ful protein shake....im sure it gets better with time so just do what the Dr advise and focus on being hydrated

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views