Shopping is FUN!

Crystal M.
on 11/18/11 11:42 am - El Paso, TX
I've always hated shopping, especially for clothes. Every time I tried anything on, I would look in the mirror and feel disgusted and ashamed, and leave the dressing room depressed, sometimes in tears. It got to where I started buying clothes online from a plus-size website, just to avoid the humiliation of store dressing rooms.

Everything is different now! Today I went shopping with my 19-year-old daughter (who's built like a fashion model and has great taste). We went to Kohl's and a bought myself a lovely dove-gray blouse with lace accents that was NOT a plus size. I also bought those wonderful over-the-knee black leather boots I was talking about yesterday from Harley-Davidson; they went on sale for half off. And then ~ icing on the cake ~ my daughter dragged me into Victoria's Secret and I bought some new bras & panties. I've not been able to buy bras from there before because the largest size they carry is a 38DD. What a feeling!

Now I just have to convince my fuddy duddy boyfriend to take me out somewhere tomorrow night! 

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

justrite
on 11/18/11 12:00 pm - Sacramento, CA
i know exactly what you mean!!!
Crystal M.
on 11/18/11 11:05 pm, edited 11/18/11 11:34 pm - El Paso, TX
I am a little scared that I might like clothes shopping too much now. I sure don't want to swap my food addiction for a shopping addiction!

momsy55
on 11/18/11 11:12 pm - ME
Good for you!!!  I have to buy an outfit for a family portrait we're having dome in a couple of weeks, and for once, I'm not dreading that task.  Hope you get to kick up your booted heels on a fun date with your honey tonight!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Somedaysoon
on 11/19/11 5:12 am - MI
 I know the feeling,  I hated shopping and it always brought me to tears.  Now I love it, but desparelty need someone to help me to buy appropriate cloths.  The vision of me in my head still weighs 313 and I naturally am drawns to clothes that try to hide me.  I need HELP.   

enjoy your journey. 

Starting Wt: 313 Surgery Wt: 286               

Crystal M.
on 11/19/11 8:45 am - El Paso, TX
Somedaysoon, you need to borrow my daughter! LOL

Seriously, she has been a big help to me. She goes shopping with me and goads me away from baggy, shapeless dark colors. :-)

VickyBT
on 11/19/11 7:31 am - MI
Its a totally new and fun experience isn't it?!!
Being in the limited plus size range for so many years, I don't even know where to shop now!  Like what stores carry the styles I like??? I'm clueless! The selection has really opened up now that I've lost almost 50 lbs. but doesn't it make you sad to think how plus size women are penalized by the fashion industry? Its just so sad.
At any rate I'm having fun shopping for a new wardrobe too!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Crystal M.
on 11/19/11 9:00 am - El Paso, TX
Vicky, I don't know your age or your height, but your starting & current weights are very similar to mine.

I think they have some really cute clothes for a reasonable price at both Kohl's and Beall's. I think you have both stores in Michigan.

VickyBT
on 11/19/11 12:38 pm, edited 11/19/11 12:42 pm - MI
I'm 60 yrs. old and I'm 5' 6"
Yes we do have Kohls here in Michigan and I do shop there.
I was pretty limited in where I shopped for plus size clothing.
Bacially went to the same few stores but now I can go everywhere!
Seems odd.
YA we have the same counter, very similar starting weight, current weight, goal weight and only 6 days apart on surgery date!  Crazy!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views