1 week out today....

amberk82
on 11/21/11 12:22 am
As of today I am 1 week out from my surgery. I am doing pretty good all in all. I am getting all my fluids in...as of tomorrow, I am supposed to start getting my protein in as well,which we all know will be a challenge! I struggle with head hunger daily, especially when i have to smell food I would normally eat daily. I am fighting myself daily to not start my mushies stage early (not supposed to start until next Mon) I have the "red" little guy on my one shoulder saying "but you can feel full eating something with substance" and the "green" good guy on my other shoulder saying no, the doc put this in place for a reason and u do not want to risk anything! This is a challenge I think alot of people face post op. I know all of our diets are different, but in reality we all set out for the same goal and thats to chnage our life and our addiction to food with this amazing tool. Im not sure about everyone else, but I can say when you have gone 2+ weeks on liquids, you would give anything to have any substance of food other than broths and popsicles. But. I can say in 7 days I have lost 11 pounds plus the 5 fron post op liquid diet, total of 16 lbs in 2 weeks. Not too shabby if I say so myself.

Stronger1
on 11/21/11 12:41 am - Charlotte, NC
Congratulations!! Glad to hear you made it through to the other side uneventfully!! I hope my surgery goes the same.  Has it been difficult getting all your fluids in?? How do you go about getting what you need?  I know some people say they drink an once every 10 minutes, did you have a strategy like that? 

16 pounds in 2 weeks sounds fantastic...you are well on your way!!
G. wilkins
on 11/21/11 12:50 am - MD
Me too. I am also one week out from surgery. I go for my first post visit today. Wish me luck.
amberk82
on 11/21/11 1:45 am
I do not really have a method persay...lol...i guess every doctors "diet plan" is different. My docs diet plan post op is: 1st week clear liquids only consisting of crystal light, sf popsicles, broths--thats it. So, since believe me, broth gets to where it is disgusting I will drink instead. I get probably 50-70 oz in a day. I also started eating lots of ice (crushed) in my drinks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views