now the waiting begins

AMoody
on 11/22/11 7:42 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Just found out my sugon and my pcp just sent in all my paperword for the surgery.. said it would probably take 14 business days..and I thought I was nervous before..I have Blue Care Net of Michigan..anyone else out there have this insurance that they could give me some insight to?
I just keep on thinking, please God, let them approve it......

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 7:57 am
My fingers are crossed for you! I'm looking forward to hearing your good news very soon!
rainsong
on 11/22/11 8:45 am
 Maybe we can help each other wait....  I called my insurance yesterday and they said it was under review.  I feel like I've spent my whole life waiting for this and I want it to happen NOW!

I have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of CT  (PPO)

Let's hang in there together!
AMoody
on 11/22/11 9:40 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
On November 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Pacific Time, rainsong wrote:
 Maybe we can help each other wait....  I called my insurance yesterday and they said it was under review.  I feel like I've spent my whole life waiting for this and I want it to happen NOW!

I have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of CT  (PPO)

Let's hang in there together!
ok, it'll be you and me against themLOL!! Good luck with your insurance and let us know as soon as you know.. I'll be praying for ya so hang in there!

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 8:46 am - Overland Park, KS
Good luck! The waiting is rough, but you'll make it :) It will give you some more time to browse around here and get some more great information - never can have enough of that! I don't have any experience with that particular ins. as I'm in Kansas, but it normally doesn't take ins. companies long to give a response. 

~Micah
AMoody
on 11/22/11 9:39 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
On November 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM Pacific Time, psjsmommy wrote:
Good luck! The waiting is rough, but you'll make it :) It will give you some more time to browse around here and get some more great information - never can have enough of that! I don't have any experience with that particular ins. as I'm in Kansas, but it normally doesn't take ins. companies long to give a response. 

~Micah
Thats all I have been doing is browsing around on this site and loving it! I have started this journey in Dec of 2010 and every time I think I have it down pat, the insurance comes up with something new and everytime I talked to someone they each gave me diffrent answers..so I have been byding my time with pouring over all the posts here..

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 12:03 pm - Overland Park, KS
Oh that's frustrating! It is good to have such invaluable information at your fingertips though. Yes, the insurance companies definitely have us all in their grip, unless one can afford to self-pay. It took me nearly a year to be approved, so I've been there. Once you have a date things seem to speed up a bit though and then the days just before surgery fly by! I barely even remember what I was doing last week. 

I just want to wish you the best of luck with it all! This board is such a great support system; brutally honest sometimes, but great, nonetheless! 

Take care!
~Micah
ALAN J.
on 11/22/11 9:18 pm
Good luck to you, I am also in the waiting process.  My Dr. just submitted mine to Federal BCBS yesterday, they told me it usually only takes about a week but with the holiday it could be a little longer.  Overall I have been told that BCBS is pretty quick.  Again, good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views