mushies....

amberk82
on 11/27/11 9:06 am
I start my mushies tomorrow and I am a little confused about one thing....on my list from the doctors office, it shows under my mushy stage that I can have crispy toasted bread? Is this actually considered a mushy?? I did find a good wheat bread, but I am scared to try it since I dont know how it could be considered a mushy? 

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 9:13 am - Overland Park, KS
 In the literature from my surgeon's office it says it's okay to have toast and crackers and stuff like that because the toasting process eliminates whatever it is that causes breads to swell in your tummy. It's on my list too and I can't wait!! Just a few more weeks! I say go for it if you haven't had any issues with food so far.

Hope that helps!

~Micah
amberk82
on 11/27/11 9:23 am
how long is your full liquid phase?? You had surgery only 4 days after me..I guess every doctors orders really are different?!?!?!

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 10:51 am - Overland Park, KS
I still have a WHOLE other week of full liquids! I'm sick to death of them too :( I think it's a little excessive, so I'm going to talk to my surgeon on Tuesday at my follow-up and see if I can graduate a little early. Everything has been going down without a hitch, and I haven't been overdoing any of it. Good luck!!! I'm so jealous of your toast!
jovi_34
on 11/27/11 9:30 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Hi

When I was in my mushy stage I ate melba toast, still do when I want bread. Also have tried the petite toasts. Tiny and two are good for me. I found them in the deli section, for appetizers. If your afraid of the bread, which I was & still am..lol Those work great!! 

Good luck to you!! 
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

amberk82
on 11/27/11 9:45 am
ya know melba toast is on my list too! I will try those as well. I would def like to stay away from the bread if I can!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views