I will NEVER do that again!!!!

amberk82
on 12/1/11 1:46 pm
Thanks so much Kathy!! Thats what Im confused about..you said "solid" foods and my doc has these foods I have been eating on my list of "mushies" So I thought I was doing the right thing :(

carrierae
on 12/1/11 2:26 pm - WA
I have an over cautious surgeon. 2 Weeks liquids, 6 Weeks puree, 4 Weeks soft, then regular food. I say don't pu**** this isn't a race and the longer you are on liquids and true puree the better you sleeve will heal and the better your results will be.
Amalia S.
on 12/1/11 7:20 pm - Athens, Greece
I'm sorry, but at 2.5 weeks out, I had just come out of the hospital where I'd been intravenously "fed" (SOP here) and I was home drinking my meals. I did not down ANY solid food until about 6 weeks out. Just sayin'. Could THAT be the reason for your experience?

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
hermio
on 12/1/11 9:18 pm
I'm shocked you are eating ground turkey @ 2 weeks out. I don't get any ground or otherwise meat until 8 weeks out.

At week 4 I get canned chicken or tuna but was told to be very careful with those.

1st Goal 225      2nd Goal  200     3rd Goal 180   Trying 1st = 3 mo    2nd = 6mo   3rd = 1yr  GW 180

Dec 5,  2011 VSG,    5'7" Male,     HW 320,     SW 276,     CW 235,     GW 190
Loss by Doc Visit 1mo=18   3mo= 26   6mo=??  
TexasProud
on 12/1/11 10:05 pm - Frisco, TX
my surgery was 11/7. since halloween, 10/31, i have not had anything but shakes, broth, pureed soups and an occasional wedge of laughing cow SOFT cheese, eaten very slowly. and i'm fine with that. i want my tummy to heal before i start with even soft foods. in about another week, i can start eating regular foods that have been chopped up a little in a food processor. tiny steps. good luck to you.

NIQAABI
on 12/1/11 10:19 pm
I WAS SLEEVED ON THE 16, I WAS ON 2 DAYS CLEARS, 2 WEEKS FULL LIQUID (MILK, NO FAT NO SUGAR ICE CREAM, THINNED YOGURT, BROTH, AND PROTEIN SHAKES ONLY). TOMORROW WILL START MY 2 WEEKS PUREED DIET, IN THE ADDITION OF WHAT I STATED ABOVE I CAN ADD SUGAR FREE PUDDING, THIN MASHED POTATOES, THIN/PUREED SOUPS, ANYTHING IN THE BABYFOOD STAGE 1 TEXTURE. AFTER I AM COMFORTABLE WITH THIS ONLY THEN CAN I PROGRESS TO SOFT FOOD FOR 2-3 WEEKS. FINALLY REGULAR FOOD IF TOLERABLE. HOPE THIS HELPS

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 10:21 pm
@ 5wks out, i can barely get 1/4c of greek yogurt down for my breakfast this am.

BETHC500
on 12/2/11 5:53 am
I believe that you should still be in the mushie stage. Nothing fatty nothing of heavy substance. Pureed foods, super soft foods, anything that ends up pureed when you chew chew chew. My Nut gave me a list of all foods, good and ones not allowed.  And dont drink 30 minutes before, during and 30 min after meals. Chew 20 to 30 times each bite. wait 5 minutes between each bite. And meals should not last more than 30 minutes. A bit is about a teaspoonful. That is 6 or 7 teaspoons full for the entire meal. if you have any feeling of fullness stop eating even it if is at 3 bites. let your body heal. make sure you are drinking your protein and water and taking your vitamins.  I hope this helps... Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views