3 weeks out today......

amberk82
on 12/5/11 10:12 am, edited 12/5/11 10:15 am
and the weight loss has slowed down significantly :( I lost 12 lbs my 1st week after surgery...then as of the day before Thanksgiving I was down another 2 lbs THEN nothing not a single half of a pound until this past Sat....the dreaded STALL for over a week! It sucked! I thoght the scale would never move again...and Im still wondering how long it will take to lose this weight!!! But, I am now down another 2 lbs since last week, so total since surgery 3 weeks ago of 17 lbs. Not sure if this is about average? Other than that, all is going fairly well. I do have headaches every single day, which I wil be seeing my reg doc about :) 

newme2011-2012
on 12/5/11 10:16 am
I had a stall for 11 days and then lost and now another...
It will pass..If it bugs you stay off the scale.
If it doesn't then it is just feedback.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

sleevegirl
on 12/5/11 10:16 am - Austin, TX
Welcome to the 3 week stall. Mine came early too, as I recall. It's annoying. I remember thinking that that would be it. I wouldn't lose any more and I'd the only 340 pound woman eating 400 calories per day. LOL.

I spent this time looking at before and after photos - like obsessively. If it helps, if you click on my username, it will take you to my profile and you can scroll to the bottom and see my weekly numbers - I stalled too. It started moving again. I lived (and surprisingly didn't kill anyone!)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

amberk82
on 12/5/11 10:26 am
thanks so much for saying that!  I knew I wasnt alone! Man I really felt the way u did about being heavier and still eating such a small amount and it is a fear....I guess I just expected it to come off immediately LOL 

Mermaid7
on 12/5/11 10:36 am
You are three days ahead of me on the surgery date.  My weight loss has slowed this wee\k due to adding of mushy food I guess.  Like people have said on here before
, your body will resisit
, just ma\ke sure you are doing what you should and the general trend is a loss.  We have fought so hard and waited so long I guess we still must do battle.
My problem is getting all my food and protein in and water.  I feel a great sense of discomfort and I mean great and now I can't stand my protein drink.  What are you eating?
amberk82
on 12/5/11 10:48 am
well I can admit I am  getting 50 grams of protein in daily...anytime I eat anything at all its protein...fat free chesses, deli shaved lunch meats, I have gotten a little creative on my ground turkey, adding it with some fat free beans, cheese and sour cream...I am drinking atleast 1 atkins protein shake daily which has 15g protein...oh and steamed shrimp too...anytime I eat it is meat...all the other stuff on my list like the applesauce, pudding, mashed potatoes I am staying away from.

Ashley D.
on 12/5/11 10:42 am
I had the dreaded 3-week stall also!  Except (like you) mine came at 2 weeks.  I am 2.5 weeks out now and the scale has started to move again (thank goodness!).  I think I'm going to stop weighing myself everyday, I'm driving me crazy!

1st Month - 29 lbs.
2nd Month - 16 lbs.
3rd Month - 16 lbs.
4th Month - 10 lbs.
5th Month - 10 lbs.
6th Month - 5 lbs.
7th Month - 6 lbs.
8th Month - +4 lbs. (what happened here?)
9th Month - 3 lbs. + the 4 I previously gained for a total loss of 7 lbs.
amberk82
on 12/5/11 10:51 am
man it sucks!! I really try not to weigh myself but Its kinda like an adrenaline rush..u go in there like okay its gonna move today LOL...I really try to keep myself motivated being a daily weigher....but I know its hard when u arent losing! and u dont wanna stop weighing yourself daily cause u like the rush....

DANIELLE H.
on 12/5/11 11:50 am - ADAMSTOWN, MD
I also have been in a stall for about a week. We share a sleeve date and I was able to start mushy foods today. I found that if I don't get all my protein and fluids in I dehydrate very easily.  I am sure that has something to do with the stall, my doc said that these are to be expected because our body is changing so much so fast. Good luck to you on your stall ending soon.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

julesGA
on 12/5/11 11:50 pm, edited 12/5/11 11:50 pm - Brunswick, GA
 These stalls are why I took my scale to my friend's house before my surgery.   I knew I would weigh myself constantly and flip out if things weren't going the way I wanted.   I am resolved not to weigh until I go to the Dr. on Friday for my two-week appt. (it will actually be closer to 2.5 weeks).   Ignorance has been bliss. ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views