Stall is starting to get to me....

cdarragh
on 12/8/11 1:03 am - Abilene, TX
I don't know if it is really considered a stall, but I have only lost 1lb in the past week and a half. It doesn't help that I've been feeling like caca the past few days and I feel exhausted alllll the time! It's getting too cold to walk outside so I went and signed up at the gym yesterday so I can at least start walking again, hopefully that will help me to feel better!

Does anyone else feel like they are stuffing their face All Day Long?? If I'm not trying to eat something then I'm trying to get my fluids in. I know that I'm not eating/drinking too much too fast but I feel like I'm constantly putting something in my mouth just to reach my requirements!! It makes me feel like a major grazer! So that paired up with only losing 1 lb is starting to get to my head!

Thanks for letting me rant a little!!
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

VegasLAbound
on 12/8/11 1:25 am - Cleveland, OH
Your stall started right at about the 3 week mark. Be sure you're getting adequate fluid and protein. That is the most important and the weight will drop off afterward.

kimbethin
on 12/8/11 2:36 am - CA
I agree!  The 3 week stall sucks but you will get past it.  It sounds like you are doing everything right.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
2hip
on 12/8/11 10:46 am, edited 12/8/11 10:46 am
VSG on 11/22/11 with
I feel just like you! I have been stalled since one week after surgery, which is so NOT encouraging. I lost 24 lbs myself in the few weeks pre-op, so it was like, as soon as I started to have a little bit of puree and mushy food in week 2, my body stopped all weight loss.  I lost 8 lbs that first week, and nothing since.  For almost 2 weeks.  I have no clue what's going on.

I also still feel like I haven't adjusted to how to properly eat, especially when I'm still just into my 3rd week post-op and can't default to meats to do the trick. I still want to eat that piece of banana bread, or whatever. I haven't found my "go to" foods yet, and I feel like I'm not doing this right. I think I'm going to be that one person who never loses weight with the sleeve. Yep that'll be me.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
Pre-op Month: -26lbs  Month 1: -14lbs  Month 2: -9lbs  Month 3: -8lbs
cdarragh
on 12/8/11 11:21 pm - Abilene, TX
You can't think like that!! I may complain about not losing and what not but, at least in the back of my mind!, I know that it is only a stall. The weight WILL start falling off again!! You have to try and stay positive!! Instead of banana bread, eat some mushed up fresh banana!! I went and walked a mile and a half at the gym yesterday and I really think that is why I am abnormally hyper today!! LOL

I don't know what your situation is, but I paid for the surgery out of pocket....That's a big chunk of money so I don't let myself get discouraged over ANYTHING!!! I figure 'I paid that much money, I'm sure the heck not going to mess it up!!

Stay positive, You will get there!!
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

sleevegirl
on 12/8/11 10:57 am - Austin, TX
It will move again. I promise. Go to my profile and scroll all the way down... there are my weekly lost numbers... I "paused" for 2-3 weeks. It's annoying, but just hang in there... stay the course, etc etc.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views