the other end of the pre op liquid diet

AMoody
on 12/10/11 9:31 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Once you start your liquid only 2 weeks before surgery, when does it start to come out the other end? Did everyone just work threw that part? or just ran to the bathroom every few hours..there is about 1-1 1.2 hours a day I spend on a bus with children and no bathroom to be had..any ideas, suggestions

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

AMoody
on 12/10/11 11:16 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
does everyone suffer from "liquid in, liquid out" syndrom? Could you start on some kind of anti Diarrhea   \before it starts

smrt1997
on 12/10/11 2:13 pm
 Yes Yes and YES!!!  had the same issue and eventually asked to start my leave early. Just so you know, the liquid post op is the same!!!  However, preop my docs office said it was fine to take immodium and that seemed to help a lot. I would check with your docs office for advice as well.

VSG 12-7-11                        

AMoody
on 12/11/11 12:49 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
On December 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM Pacific Time, smrt1997 wrote:
 Yes Yes and YES!!!  had the same issue and eventually asked to start my leave early. Just so you know, the liquid post op is the same!!!  However, preop my docs office said it was fine to take immodium and that seemed to help a lot. I would check with your docs office for advice as well.
do you remember when it started? And was it really as bad as others have said it would be or does it depend on the person????

smrt1997
on 12/11/11 1:56 am
 well min started wthin a day. and was non stop. The chicken broth seemed to make it worse than the beef broth. My coworker who was sleeved the same day with the same preop liquid diet, etc (same surgeon), her issue was quite the opposite. From the time she had the barium upper gi, she was constipated until the night before surgery, then it all came out and she has had the same bloating and watery stools since then. we move to full liquids on wednesday. not sure if that will hel*****t, but in a week and a half we go to pureed foods. that should help. I would def try the immodium. DIdnt find out until 2 days before surgery that my surgeon's thought it was ok to take immodium. once i took that, it all stopped. I have not taken any immodium since. Im home for a few weeks so i really don't care at this point. just par for the course.

VSG 12-7-11                        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views