Ladiessss, urgent!

mfromholz
on 12/12/11 8:55 pm
 I've always had bad cramps when mother nature decides to visit and now I dot know what to take! Unusually take pamprin or Advil but i don't think u can take pills, right? I'm gonna call my surgeon when they open but wanted to see if anyone knew of anything. Thanks 

Btw, I start soft foods today!!!! Any suggestions? 

jessicae
on 12/12/11 9:04 pm
definitely check with your surgeon but tylenol was the thing he recommended. 

soft foods:  i'm obsessed with the laughing cow light cheese wedges! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

mfromholz
on 12/12/11 9:04 pm
 I usually take * - autocorrect 

Pkrplyr777
on 12/12/11 9:20 pm - CT
I would definately wait and talk to your surgeon first.
Advil can be hell on a whole, completly normal stomach.
Can't imagine it would be at all good on a sleeved stomach.
IMHO
Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
TexasProud
on 12/12/11 10:04 pm - Frisco, TX
My doc said to take Tylenol. Of course, that will barely touch it. If you have any of your liquid pain medication left, take some of that. My doc said it was ok. But as always, do what your doc says. :-)

dec721
on 12/12/11 10:06 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
My surgeon sent me home with pills to take; Dr. Alvarez is not one of the "no pills" surgeons.  However, the above poster is right -- you must stay away from ibuprofen and aspirin-type products for quite a while (maybe a very long while!****il your stomach heals.  Tylenol is your best bet.
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

howarli
on 12/12/11 10:09 pm - MD
One of the reasons I decided to get the Sleeve is becasue I can continue to use Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) for pain.  Of course I do not use NSAIDS that often just sometimes if TOM is bad.  By all means check with your Doctor first. 

RubyTues
on 12/12/11 11:45 pm - Canada
I was given pills to swallow on my third day in the hospital twice a day.. just tylenol but didn't hurt and even now at almost two weeks post op I take the cold FX pills dailyto stave off this wicke cold my family has.
Call your clinic and ask them if they give you the ok, advil will be ok over time, but while you are still healing I imagine that could cause some upset.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views