What items do I need and free samples?

AMoody
on 12/13/11 8:01 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Im looking to find out what is needed before surgery? I have gotten some chewable viatamins and some chewable vit D already, have asked a couple of places for  a few free samples, dont know what they will send, what else do I need and What other places did you get samples from? I have contacted unjury, have not heard back from them, Bariatric Advantage, they will be sending out a couple of samples and Bariatric Choice, they will be sending out some samples.. What other food stuff should I be trying before surgery so that I will have that on hand, the stuff that I like? What was your food staple?
Thanks looking forward to some suggestions

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Sara R.
on 12/13/11 8:43 am, edited 12/13/11 8:49 am
This is my list of what i need post op:

Chewable multivitamin/multimineral
Sublingual B12
Chewable iron
Chewable calcium

i love the premier shakes so i have a couple cases of those in my fridge.

Also try celebrate, i think thats what its called. they have good tasting vitamins. 

Unjury is a good protein also. i think their unflavored and chicken broth taste alot better than Bariatric Advantage.

and PB2, powdered peanut butter added to chocolate or vanilla protein shakes is to die for!

If you check out my blog i have my surgeons recommendations for post op diet. alot of protein options. cottage cheese, soups, yogurt, jello, protein shakes for the first 2 weeks. then 2 weeks of mushy foods. also if your interested i can email you their ideas like chili and sloppy joes etc.

My nutritionist gave me tons of samples of protein powder, and vitamins. She suggested for the first week use a shot glass instead of a cup or bottle to practice sipping.

hope this helps

addendum: i have been eating canned tuna/chicken with mayo and mustard, hummus, egg salad with pickles and olives, cottage cheese, yogurt (Carbmaster from Kroger/fred meyer), jello, ground turkey with taco seasoning,cheese and sour cream. i also like cool whip mixed with yogurt to dip things in or as a treat.
OverAchiever
on 12/13/11 8:54 am
Great question!  I'm a newbie so I don't have the answers, but I hadn't even thought of getting free samples!  I did realize today that I will need to be prepared with the right food, liquid, vitamin, etc for after surgery.
LaToya S.
on 12/13/11 8:59 am - Edwardsville, IL
Just as a heads up DO NOT take the vitamins on an empty stomach :-)

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

carmel_253
on 12/13/11 10:15 am - NY
I just received my shipment today of Unjury powder protien.  I ordered a sample kit and it came with 2 packets of every flavor and the soup.  I also got a 10 oz plastic container and a thermometer.  All this for only 18.00.  If u go on their website they are having a holiday sale.  Also GNC is a good place to get ISOPURE protien and they are having a sale as well. I have also seen people post that they get protien powder from Costco's.  

Good luck! 

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting.  So....get on your way! - Dr. Seuss            
month 1-14  month 2 - 12
pedirn06
on 12/13/11 12:11 pm
VSG on 01/26/12
Celebrate vitamins will send you samples.  So far, I like them the best.  They have a protein shake (ENS+protein) that has 25G protein, 5 G soluable carbs, 4G fiber and can be mixed in 4oz.  I tried the chocolate today and was quite impressed.  I have a vanilla sample pack and will try it tomorrow.  They also sent several chewable vitamins.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views