How much protein can you all eat at 17 months out or more?

Valerie K.
on 12/15/11 3:04 am - Dearborn, MI
 I was eating a chicken burger with a wheat bun. It was 3 oz than ate 3 oz of a yoplait light fat free yogurt. I am so full I cant even move lol.

Wondering how big you all eat that are 1 year or more out. Thanks Val.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

George B.
on 12/15/11 3:15 am - Miami, FL
Val,

At 28 months post-op I can eat 4-6 oz. of dense protein in one sitting. However, chicken and bread together would cause me problems. Since the VSG I cannot tolerate chicken and if a bun was added I would be in even more pain. I cannot eat dense protein and bread at the same time without discomfort.

George

Valerie K.
on 12/15/11 7:26 am - Dearborn, MI
 sinse my vsg I can not eat ground burger. I can only eat 4 oz of dense protein with out bread. Bread does not bother me. If I just ate 4 oz of meat than I could not eat the bun. I might be able to eat a 1/3 cup of cottage cheese but have not tried that with 4 oz of meat.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

George B.
on 12/15/11 8:10 am - Miami, FL
Val, 

I have the same issue with ground meat. Steak poses no problem but ground beef makes my stomach hurt. 

dec721
on 12/15/11 3:46 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
 Two to three ounces of meat is about it.  Like the above poster, if bread is in the mix, I'm hurting.  A couple of bites and I'm sorry.
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Dawnie 88
on 12/15/11 4:41 am
Hey Val!!

I can eat 2 oz..sometimes 2-1/2 oz of chicken (boneless skinless)..one tenderloin fills me..with nothing else.  I still cannot eat bread of any kind, makes me feel ill.  I am 20 mths postop.

loverofcats
on 12/15/11 4:41 am

I'm about 15.5 months out and I usually eat 2.5-3 ounces of dense protein, depending upon the protein source.  I do not eat the protein with bread. In fact, I don't eat bread on a regular basis.  I do eat some veggies with my protein.

gail

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Lori B.
on 12/15/11 6:38 am
Ya know, it seems to depend on the day but I would say a few ounces. Some days I can eat more, some days less.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
glogarza
on 12/15/11 9:54 am - San Antonio, TX
 Depends on the day and the protein... Tonight I had 3.75 oz. of tortilla crusted tilapia and could have probably eaten more.  The other night I had 3.5 oz of a homemade slider with 1.5 oz of sweet potato fries... today for lunch I had 4 large turkey meatballs and sauce.

I guees no more than 4oz....
SW: 221.5  | CW: 160.5 |  I'm 5'2 and 38 yrs old

Mlkpas
on 12/15/11 10:34 am - Pasadena, CA
It depends on the day.  I'd say max 4-5 oz.

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views