new pain?!?!?!

amberk82
on 12/15/11 11:59 pm
ok...I have been great through today with pain etc...I have a sharp pain that comes and goes probably every 5 min all the way on my left side? I believe my sleeve is on the right? it is just really uncofortable, not unbearable yet...starting hurting middle of the night...any ideas vets?? its all the way over where my incision is on the far left.

Stephanie M.
on 12/16/11 12:32 am
I had some nasty left sided pain about a month out as well. I just chalked it up to my scar maturing, or possibly some adhesions. If it worries you, let your surgeon know.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

carrierae
on 12/16/11 2:44 am - WA
I have been going through some major left side pain down by my lower left incision site. Dr. said it was the stitch. After days of agony (worst pain in my life) he did testing. Showed a little bit of fluid and some shredded fat & muscle as a result of stitch.

He actually put me on 2 advil 3x a day for the anti inflammatory purposes and ice all day. I took those first 2 and felt relief within an hour. It comes back about 5 hours later but then I take the next dose. Slowly it is finally calming down.

My guess (and I am not a medical professional) is that it is some inflammation. Ice the heck out of the area and if you are allowed a couple advil and see what happens.

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

huggers33
on 12/16/11 3:25 am - Windsor, Canada
I to experienced pain on my left side.  My advice is see a doctor and have them check all possibilities.  Mine ended up being a kidney stone.  Had dull pain for days, but I am on Fentynal and Percocet for unrelated issues, and I should have felt any pain.  One day the pain started popping up more severe every few minutes, and every time  I moved. 
It is better to see a doctor and find out what is wrong, rather than wait and be more severe.
Best of Luck and hope you get better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views