Morningstar Farm Hotdogs are coming back!!

SleevedLife
on 12/24/11 4:06 am
There was always only ONE brand of vegetarian hotdogs that I liked.  And, trust me, I tried them all.  Morningstar Farms veggie hotdogs were phenomenal.

Well, the suddenly disappeared off the shelves, and I was totally bummed.  Then I saw they brought their corndogs back.  (Which are also delicious, but who needs breading??)  That gave me some hope that their plain hotdogs would soon follow.  Then I saw this post on Morningstar Farms facebook:

"Facebook fans, here’s an early gift just for you – VEGGIE DOGS ARE COMING BACK! They'll be shipping to stores next month, so be on the lookout. If you see them in your grocer's freezer, let us know where and when on our Wall."

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!! 
If they are back on shelves next month, that may be in time for when I am ready to start solid foods.   I just wanted to let you guys know if case there are other vegetarians on here that love this hot dog.  Also, a lot of meat eaters really like these hotdogs too!

Here are the stats according the livestrong.  11 grams of protein, 6 carbs, 0.5 fat, and 80 calories isn't bad.  The sodium is high, so this is really a "sometimes" treat... but, YUM what a treat!  :)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 dog / 57g Amount per Serving Calories 80 Calories from Fat 4.5 % Daily Value *
Total Fat 0.5g
0%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Cholesterol 0mg
0%
Sodium 580mg
24%
Total Carbohydrate 6g
2%
Dietary Fiber 1g
4%
Sugars 2g

Protein 11g
22%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat
6.2%
Carbs
33.1%
Protein
60.7%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

\

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Terry H.
on 12/24/11 4:17 am
I may just have to try those.  I'm not a vegetarian but I love their sausage links.  I have 3 of them for bfast almost every morning.  Nice and moist with a great taste.  I actually prefer the texture to real sausage links and the nutrition stats are very nice.  2 links are 3g fat, 3g carbs (2g fiber), and 9 grams of protein.  A great start to the day.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

Maria P.
on 12/24/11 4:30 am
VSG on 01/09/12
 WOW! That;s alot more protein than I expected them to have. I absolutely love the corn dogs- even more than meat corn dogs, but I'll have to give those up after my sleeve. TFS!
5'3"  Age 38

HW: 216
Month 1: 20.6
SleevedLife
on 12/24/11 7:27 am
I like the Morningstar sausage links too!  Good flavor and texture!

Vegetarian products have come a looooong way in the last decade or so.  There are a lot of great vegetarian meat-substitute options out there.  Check out the numbers for a Boca Vegan Burger:  70 calories, 13 grams of protein, 6 carbs (4 of which are fiber), 0.5 grams of fat.  :) 

It's nice to have options, that's for sure.  And these are such easy meals, it's even better!  I'm really looking forward to when I can eat something other than liquids!   All this talk is making me hungry! :)

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

cryssyd
on 12/24/11 9:20 am - NY
I really like morning star farms products. Don't laugh and i cant believe i am admitting this but before my sleeve, when McDonald's brought back the mc rib and the commercials were driving me nuts their BBQ riiblets got me through lol. Their burgers are awesome as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views