Sleeved 12/20!

nickieminaj11
on 12/25/11 10:43 pm - LA
I was sleeved on 12/20 in Alexandria, LA! I was a ball of nerves the morning of and questioning if I was doing the right thing. There is no turning back once you start this journey and failure is absolutley not an option for me. I am thankful for a wonderful support system of family, friends and a wonderful Bariatric team to see me through.

I must say the surgery itself was a breeze, however the gas pains were a beast.! I ended up remaining in the hospital one extra day because I was having a hard time getting liquid in. I am a little gun shy about eating and drinking because my "full" gage is not working. I must say everyday is getting a little easier!
GrownStatus
on 12/26/11 12:11 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
I was sleeved on the 21st and was experiencing those same pains...LOL.... the nurses had me up and walking every two hours and surprisingly enough it helped with the gas. So now when at home when I start feeling those pains I just get up and walk around the house and take a few deep breaths... it seems to help. I am just now barely able to get 4 oz down (takes an hour but I do it). Just remember protein, protein, protein.... that's what helps with the healing process. Good Luck!!!

cbz1815
on 12/26/11 1:01 am
 Congratulations and each day will be easier.  the first 5 days were a "grin and bear it" for me and now I feel so much better - probably because I'm 26 lbs lighter than I've been in years.   I can climb the stairs without getting out of breathe!   Relax and take it slow!!
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
carmel_253
on 12/26/11 1:42 am - NY
  CONGRATULATIONS MY SLEEVE SISTER!  My team at the hospital was also great and had me walking within three hours of surgery!  I am feeling so much better.  Still can't get down more than 4 ozs of water in an hour but i feel great.  Remember to sip, sip, sip, we need to stay hydrated and keep moving!

Wish u a wonderful journey!!!! 

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting.  So....get on your way! - Dr. Seuss            
month 1-14  month 2 - 12
nickieminaj11
on 12/26/11 2:17 am - LA
Today has been my best day by far. I am on full liquids now and I am getting my fluids in. It is truly life changing but I am just putting one foot in front of the other one day at a time.

Are any of you guys on full liquids and if so what types of things are you consuming?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views