Start my "Life Change" course on 1/12/12

Helen B.
on 1/2/12 8:31 am - Appleton, WI
Well I found out that all of my paperwork & such is in order for my surgery (still undecided as to whether or not I want RNY or Sleeve), but I still have to do an eight week Life Change course before I can have the surgery.  I had to work it out at my job so I could have each Thursday night so now I'm off every Thursday until March, but have to work every Saturday until that time.  Not thrilled about it but Midwest Bariatrics said they want me to be equiped in every way for my surgery.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Helen    
Mom4Jazz
on 1/2/12 8:49 am
This is a great idea! We see so many going into surgery unprepared - it's nice to know you're being so well equipped for your new life.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Helen B.
on 1/2/12 8:50 am - Appleton, WI
Thank you!
Helen    
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 8:54 am
I was so jealous of all of those who had insurancce approval, then surgery.  In retrospect, the time it took to lose weight and to get my mind in the right place, as required by my surgeon, hospital, and insurance was a Godsend.  I was absolutely ready both physically, walking five or six miles a day, and mentally.  It has made all the difference for this new life.  Best of luck.

Will
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 12:35 pm
You will be so happy that you took the course! I had a twelve week prep from the bariatric department after my approval for the surgery. I had to meet with a psych a couple times then have a final evaluation, meet twice with a nutritionist, join one of their recommended support groups, AND lose 20 pounds before my surgery was scheduled. By the time I did all that and had the help and support of this OH board, I felt so ready to have my VSG I wasn't really nervous at all. I knew what I was doing and so happy to be doing it!
Congratulations and good luck to you on your journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views