Needing support...

mands007
on 1/4/12 10:45 am
 I have been struggling for the last few weeks as would be expected during the holidays. My biggest issue is that I live in a country where I do not speak the native language, this has left me with a slight disadvantage regarding a support network. I am proud that I have now lost 40 kg, but my weight loss has stopped and my hair is falling out. This makes me wonder if I am eating too much, eating the wrong stuff or maybe not enough protien.
Oh, I am thinking and worrying too much, but that is because I have no one to ask questions to. I still have a lot of weight to lose, I was going to the gym and doing personal training, but I have not done anything for 2 weeks as I have hurt my knee and am awaiting a MRI scan to confirm a tear in the meniscus...this has also left me with too much time to think!
I just don't want to fail!

lucy2e
on 1/4/12 11:04 am - Laurel, MD
 It sounds like you are in a stall - they happen to everyone.

I suggest you start logging your food (if you don't already) to keep track of your food and know where your can make improvements.

While healing from your injury - you could do some chair arobics - look on youtube.

Good luck!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

zarla
on 1/4/12 11:20 am
 According to my Doctor, the lost of hair is due to lack of protein and vitamins which I had trouble taking even in liquid. As for excercise, do some arm weights if you don't have weights put some veggy can in bags. This helps me with those arm wings. 

mands007
on 1/4/12 3:28 pm
Having some sleep and waking up to find your posts has helped me a lot (especially to know there are others out there that know what I am going through).
I have never kept a food log before - I like the idea, I noticed I can do it on this website.
Regarding hair loss, I do think it is a lack of protien...I have been struggling a lot lately with eating and taking protien shakes (I haven't taken them as the thought and smell of it made me nauseous).
So, I will take a deep breath, write down my food intake...take a step back and look at the big picture!

dec721
on 1/4/12 10:57 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Share with us what you are eating and drinking, please.  That way we may be able to give you some suggestions about your food intake.

And don't stress about the holidays.  They happen, but we can get right back on track now in the new year.

Let this board be your support system.  It is all I used for support, and it was enough!  Read here every day, post as much as you need to, and you will do fine.

Hope you get some help for your knee soon.  I tore the meniscus in my left knee several years ago, and it hurts like the dickens to walk on it, doesn't it?  But the suggestions to do other types of exercise are good.

Best wishes :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views