12 month check-in

MellyMay
on 1/7/12 2:51 am
we.. I haven't updated in quite some time. I have to be honest.. I have NOT been exercising like I should, so I am bigger and flabbier than I could be at this point, but I am at 129 lbs.. which is 2 lbs below the doctor's goal at this point.  Surprising thing... the IUD I've had for 4 year moved (not sure why.. the doctors & nurses are shocked 2) andI am apparantly now 11 weeks pregnant. Found out about a week ago.. had the IUD removed.. and shockingly enough... everything is good to go.. on track and the gummybear is due 7/26/11
Of course this is not exactly expected.. especially considering that I was laid off from my job as of the end of december.. my insurance will run out at the end of january and we are moving (from CA to TX) in February.. talk about new beginnings in 2012

HW: 210, SW:192, GW: 115 , Height: 5'2", Age 31     
46_11tobeme
on 1/7/12 2:57 am - NJ
 Congrats on the pregnancy! Your stats are similar to mine - I am also 5'2" and started at 190. How long did it take you to lose the 81 lbs? I try not to compare but am always curious when I find someone with similar stats. I too struggle with exercise. When you say NOT exercising like you should what does that mean - not at all? a few times a week? Not looking to judge but since this is my biggest struggle I am wondering what others do. I was walking 4-5 times a week, but have only walked 2 x in the past 3 weeks. I know I need to increase, but it is so much harder in the winter. Hope all goes well with the move!

MellyMay
on 1/7/12 3:03 am
 Thanks! I just barely got to 129. My body sort of stopped (due to lack of exercise) at 132/133

happyteacher
on 1/7/12 9:08 am
 46 11tobeme-  Have you tried walking in  a mall if you have one close?  One lap at my mall is .8 miles, climate controlled, and now that the xmas crowds are gone it is less crowded.  Downside is I have to smell Cinnebon and the cider and donut stand!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

SleevedLife
on 1/7/12 2:57 am
Congratulations - both on the weight loss and the new little bean.  You must have one determined little sweetpea, maybe he/she just pushed your IUD aside and said "I'm moving in!!"

Take good care!

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

MellyMay
on 1/7/12 3:04 am
 Thanks. That's basically what my OB & the nurses said. This shouldn't happen beyond the 1st year of an IUD... oh well.. it is what it is ;o) 

46_11tobeme
on 1/7/12 3:17 am - NJ
 Can I ask how long it took you to get to 133? Since we started at about the same size, how much of an issue is loose skin for you? The only place I am worried about is my stomach b/c I am covered in stretch marks from pregnancies. Is this your first pregnancy? What an exciting start to 2012!!!!

MellyMay
on 1/7/12 6:05 am
 It'll be baby # 3. My stomach is the worst as far as loose skin goes. Been @ about 133 since probably mid-late September. It's really not that bad.. I was using mederma on the stretch maks as well as the surgery scars and it has helped a lot. You'll be surprised how much they fade. What seemed to help me as well.. I had a major thing with laying out this past summer.. the tan skin on my stmach with the fading of the scars and stretch marks have done wonders for the appearance as well as my self esteem about it. I literally pranced around in a bikini this summer.. which I never thought I would do  =) 

edelu
on 1/7/12 6:36 am - los angeles, CA
Congrats

One things for sure 2012 will not be boring and I'm sure you will have an easier pregnancy at your weight now, so it's all good.  It does make me rethink my IUD though.  Great start to the ear though.
MellyMay
on 1/7/12 6:40 am
 Thanks. I would say.. have your OB check our IUD often.. maybe the weight loss shifted it.. maybe it just happened.. According to my doctor & nurses.. this is not a thing that happens.. & the the stats are 4 out of 1000 women get pregnant with an IUD in the first year.. beyond that the percentage is too low to even calculate.. so... don't rethink your IUD just cuz of this... this is FAR FROM the norm =) 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views