People don't recognize my voice now - anyone else have this?

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/8/12 12:22 am
It's so weird.  I've had a handful of people call me this week and they're confused because they think it's not me when I answer the phone.  This has happened with co-workers and family.  Both on my office phone and on my cell phone.  So I figure it's got to be more than coincidence.

*phone rings and I pick it up*
Me: Hello?
Them:  (pause) oh hi, I'm trying to reach Silly_Sweet.  (sometimes they even apologize because they have the wrong number).
Me: Oh hi there.  This is Silly_Sweet.
Them:  It is?  It doesn't sound like you.  Do you have a cold?
Me: Nope.  I'm fine.  Everything's good.
Them: Oh well you sound different.

I don't think I've ever read on these boards that their VOICE changed because they lost weight.  Anyone else have this???  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

tillmadd
on 1/8/12 12:41 am - WI
 i have heard that vocalists that are more obese tend to have a stronger base in their voice...I know I have completely stopped snoring so the fatty part of my back throat is slightly widening. Is your voice higher/lower, lighter???
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/8/12 1:08 am
I'm not sure.  It sounds the same to me.  LOL

Kitty1975
on 1/8/12 12:47 am - Canada
Hmm nope never heard of it but stranger things have happened. You wouldnt have thyroid troubles would you? I know i do and one thing to look for is voice change. I am having an operation this year to have the whole thing removed. I have a quite englarged goiter.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Ms. Poker Face
on 1/8/12 1:09 am
 No, nothing like that.  But thanks for letting me know... will file it away in the back of my head in case I need it for future reference.

Twizzled D.
on 1/8/12 2:01 am
 It could be a side-effect of having better breath support/lung function with weight-loss - that might make your pitch sound a little different. I've had a few friends who have sounded different after they lost weight, but it was more their voices were clearer...they, like me, had chubby faces, and it was like they were clearer after they lost weight and their faces thinned out. 
-Kristi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views