11 Days Post-Op & No Weight Loss In 4 Days

doggz109
on 1/8/12 5:15 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
You've lost 12 lbs in 11 days.....not sure what the issue is.  Keep doing what you are supposed to do.
TonyEldridge
on 1/8/12 5:33 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 Thanks, Guys... first, the 37 pounds I lost since my pre-op includes the 12 pounds I lost post-op. I'm still pleased with that. I heard that people lose 5 to 6 pounds a day for the first 2 days out of the hospital just losing a lot of the IV liquid they take. 

You're right, Doggz, 12 pounds since surgery is great. I was more concerned that maybe I was doing something/not doing something that might be sabotaging my progress. After all the comments, I feel a lot better about being on track. 

Tony
frenchgrapes
on 1/8/12 6:06 am - TX
Hello, Tony. I started losing very slowly around week two post op also with most of my total weight loss prior to surgery. But, I can tell I lost a lot of inches all over. My clothes and coworkers tell me so. Wished I'd measured myself at the beginning! Are you losing inches?
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
TonyEldridge
on 1/8/12 6:45 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 I think I'm losing inches. I've been wearing sweats most of the time, but when I put on my jacket to go for walks, I noticed that it zipped up and fit much better. My wife said that my face already looks thinner than before the surgery.
frenchgrapes
on 1/8/12 7:56 am - TX
I changed my diet a little bit the other day too - from grits or oatmeal for breakfast to egg whites with a little cheese. Just that little bit of difference and I've lost almost 4 pounds in as few days. My NUT said I should lose about 1-2 pounds a week and that is okay with me, as long as I'm losing. Also, I've read on this board where many people experience a slow loss period or even a stall then they lose several pounds rather quickly. As long as things are moving in the right direction - by dropping pounds according to the scale or losing inches according to the tape measure - I'm a happy camper! I'm eating well enough, able to exercise, and off my high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes medications!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views