11 Days Post-Op & No Weight Loss In 4 Days

TonyEldridge
on 1/8/12 12:33 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 I'm getting a little disappointed because I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 days. I'm on my liquid diet, I'm getting my protein in via 3 nectar shakes per day, and I'm taking strained cream soup or broth for lunch and dinner. I'm also drinking at least two 16oz bottles of Crystal Light a day.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or worrying over nothing. I've lost about 12 pounds since my surgery on December 28th and 37 pounds since I started my pre-op diet. I'm thinking that all the liquid I'm drinking is keeping the weight from coming off.

Am I worrying for nothing or do you have an idea of what might be going on? Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Tony
happyteacher
on 1/8/12 12:36 am
 Try not to worry Tony.  I only lost the first 4-5 days post op, then nothing for nearly 2 weeks.  It has started up again though.  As long as you follow your plan you will be ok.  It is really normal to stall at week 2-3.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

tillmadd
on 1/8/12 12:38 am - WI
 You still are healing and losing fluid from surgery. Be patient it will come off...weigh only once per week!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/8/12 12:42 am
Tony, this is very normal.  If you have time, scroll back through the posts on this board for the past week or so and you'll see many posts about stalls within the first few weeks after surgery.  

You just had major surgery and your body is adjusting.  Stalls are especially common when people have lost weight on preop diets right before surgery, as you have.

Just keep doing what you're doing and things will be fine.  It's frustrating, for sure, but the weight will come off with time.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 12:45 am
I didn't lose anything from day 12-24, and after that I've only lost a few pounds. You will be ok.
BethR311
on 1/8/12 1:04 am - Fort Wayne, IN
This is very normal, I gained 10 pounds in the hospital from the IV fluids. Only weigh once a week for now (advice I have never been able to take) and don't compare your weight loss to other posters' (ditto). Or you will drive yourself nuts! Keep working your program, and have faith.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
foodlover
on 1/8/12 1:17 am
I stopped losing 10 days after my surgery and didn't start losing again for over a month.  It does happen but it WILL pass. :)  Btw, we have the same dr. :)
Texasteacher68
on 1/8/12 1:45 am - TX
 I will be 3 weeks post-op tomorrow, and I haven't lost a pound in over a week. I feel discouraged also but am holding on to all the uplifting advice from this site. 

TonyEldridge
on 1/8/12 1:54 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
 I appreciate all the advice. I feel much better! I think I'll take the advice of weighing in once per week. I knew that stalls came, but wasn't expecting anything so soon. I'll stay on track and know I'll reach my overall goal in time!
Tony
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 4:49 am
Hey Tony,
One thing to really consider is how much weight you lost pre-op! You've basically lost 50 pounds now in a very short time. Those who had good pre op weight loss seem to have slower post op weight loss. I stalled for a short while at 20 days (4 days) and then wham, I lost another 3 or 4 pounds in the next couple of days. The fluid will only help you lose weight, so you can even try to increase your fluids (hard I know). It'll pass. Don't worry.
I'll be looking for your post that tells us your stall is broken and you've lost more weight! Keep on the path!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 104 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 377 views