Question about nutritional info in recpies

trish_ok
on 1/8/12 6:03 am
Hi everyone! 
I'm hoping I can get your feedback as to the best website to enter a recipe to find out the nutritional information.  I tried myfitnesspal but I didn't care for it much.  I was having a hard time finding some ingredients in the database and it was really slow.  
ALSO, how do you go about figuring the serving size of a recipe if the recipe doesn't state it?  I love to cook, but it's getting frustrating trying to track my food accurately so I'm finding myself eating the same things over and over just because it's easier.  I don't want to stay in this rut because I don't want to burn out! 

Tricia

Thank you in advance!!

LaToya S.
on 1/8/12 6:12 am - Edwardsville, IL
I think SparkPeople does it as well. I actually love myfitnesspal and when I make recipes I sometimes have to add some of the ingredients first. Then today I added my homemade soup. I knew a serving size was a cup or that was what I wanted to for the serving size. So I figured out how many cups go into 4 quarts (that was the size of my pot) and came up with that my soup that I had made should come to 16 servings. I hope that helps.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

KathyA999
on 1/8/12 6:18 am
I use SparkPeople.  I usually find my ingredients, but sometimes it'll be like a tablespoon, when I used a cup, or it's in grams or ounces when I need teaspoons or whatever.  So they have a great converter that helps you get the right amount into the calculator.

As far as servings, even if a recipe gives the number of servings, it's usually a lot less than I get these days, since I eat so much less than a "normie."  So I make up the recipe, divide it into servings that I can eat, in freezable containers, then use that to calculate number of servings.  I put some in the fridge, the rest in the freezer, and I have quick-to-go stuff for lunch at work or a dinner when I don't feel like cooking.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

trish_ok
on 1/8/12 12:15 pm
Thank you, ladies!  I will try Sparkpeople.  I love myfitnesspal for everything else, so maybe I'll try that again and be more patient.  
As far as the serving size, I didn't even think about altering it to MY serving size.  DUH!  I get reminded of our mindset changes often!  Thanks, again!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views