how long before u started eating again

rico255
on 1/9/12 9:44 am - TX
 hey guys quick question. how long did yall go before u started eating solid foods again. the dr told me i could start eatting fish eggs and cottage cheese 1 week after surgery. ive been eatting only  couple of bites a day and then full liquids the rest of the day but ive noticed its taking me a bit to loose weight. im 2 weeks out and have gone from 284 to 256.. should i stick to the full liquids a bit longer?

pedirn06
on 1/9/12 9:46 am
VSG on 01/26/12
2 wks post op regular diet as tolerated
bandrmom
on 1/9/12 9:52 am

I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and just today my surgeon gave me the green light for reg diet. I think every doctor is different; I'd do exactly as yours recommended and call your NUT if you have questions.

rico255
on 1/9/12 10:26 am - TX
 so u have been on a full liquid diet for the past 6 weeks?
O.kay
on 1/9/12 9:54 am - DFW, TX
My dr's diet plan has a much slower return to soft foods. First week is clear liquid, weeks 2 & 3 are full liquid, and then weeks 4 - 6 are soft foods. I'm in in the full liquid phase and for me I think I'd have alot of trouble trying to do something soft right now.
If God guides you to it, he will guide you through it!

wwjdmommy
on 1/9/12 11:07 am - maud, TX
Hey dont you just love our Dr Davidson!!!!!!!!!! I am very proud of the job he did for me! I was high risk and spent two days in ICU but he was right there with me and by the third afternoon I was headed home!

runfatgirlrun
on 1/9/12 10:16 am
I had my surgery the end of Nov and am in my 7th week.  I still can't eat much in the way of solid food without throwing up.  I was at my surgeon's office last week and he told me that my stomach is still healing and that there still is some inflammation and that it will take time for my new sleeve to relax and settle in.  He also gave me a Rx for an antacid and it helps.  I am going really slow with solid foods.  One day and egg is fine and the next it is agony and I throw up.  Everyone is different so my advice is basically trial and error.  What works for some may not for you.  I am learning to understand and love my sleeve and each day I am able to adjust and get more nutrition.  I will say that I love soft foods and liquids but am timid on solids even if I chew and chew and eat painfully slow.  Having said that my surgeon also told me that despite throwing up to keep at it and keep working to consume solids as best I can tolerate because it will improve and it is the only way for my sleeve to settle in the where it should be.

rico255
on 1/9/12 10:31 am - TX
 @ o.kay.. i was sleeved a day before u were i guess ill follow the full lquids for another couple of weeks
bandrmom
on 1/9/12 10:32 am
No, I was on full liqs from day 3 to week 2 then I went to soft foods, although I found that soups still went down easier than soft foods. I ate a small bit of taco salad tonight and it only took 30 mins to eat, but I did it. Good luck!
rico255
on 1/9/12 10:40 am - TX
 ok thanks everyone im going to stick to the liquids only for another week or so.. like i said i ate a few bites of fish today and felt kinda sick for a while, had to go for a walk afterwards
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views