Need Suggestions

EmpoweringMe331
on 1/9/12 7:01 pm - MD
Hello Everyone!
Things have been going great with me. As of today I am 196.6. So happy to be maintaining my onderland status. I am getting so close to my goal, I can't believe it. I am hoping to reach by goal by my birthday. It is like 11 pounds but I never know when and if I might plateau so I am making a realistic goal. I am writing because even though I have been losing, I am starting to pick up a bad habit.s For the past 4 days, I find myself craving something salty at night. So I have been eating  bag of chips as snack at night while watching tv. At the end of the day, I am still within my calories and carbs for the day. I am just a little nervous because I feel like I am starting to develop a bad eating pattern. So do you have any suggestions on what I could replace chips with? Suggestions on how to get over this salty phase? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

kg34
on 1/9/12 7:05 pm - AL
I'm not yet on solids, but I know that pork rinds are low carb.  I've been dreaming of the day when I can have a few pork rinds dipped in greek yogurt for a snack.  Look for low carb alternatives, instead of chips (cheese crisps, crispy turkey pepperoni chips, etc).  I think the high protein will serve you better.

HW 243  5'5"       Pre-op - 207,  Surgery Weight 197 - 12/19/11
Daviegrandma
on 1/9/12 9:16 pm - Davie, FL
you are doing so so so well... how r u doing it?  how about air popcorn

move2lose
on 1/9/12 10:58 pm - Australia
Kale leaves drizzled with a bit of olive or coconut oil and salt, then baked in the over for a few minutes = healthy alternative to chips and still cruncy and salty.  Kale is easy to grow - just make sure you don't get a bitter variety.

VSG: 20 April 2009  HW: 246lbs   Surgery: 224lbs      CW: 175lbs     Goal: 143lbs   

PCOS, Hypothyroid, Sleep Apnea, Fybromyalgia, former diabetic.  5'1" & 41 years old

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/9/12 10:58 pm
I found that herbal tea in the evenings helps curb my cravings.  Otherwise, I tend to be a night snacker.  Which is a bad habit that I want to avoid.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

debk21
on 1/9/12 11:17 pm - Mansfield, TX
I like turkey pepperoni chips.  Just buy a bag of Hormel sliced turkey pepperoni.  Lay them out on a cookie sheet, bake them till crispy and bag 'em up.  Great salty snack with lots of flavor and not too high in fat.  They are great with Laughing Cow cheese.  I'm also a beef jerky fan.  Lots of protein, not a high in calorie and satisfies that salty craving, plus you get to chew, chew, chew and chew some more...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

countrytat
on 1/9/12 11:41 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
Not sure if you can eat raw veggies, but I slice cucumbers and put salt on them and eat them just like that.....YUM!
EmpoweringMe331
on 1/10/12 9:56 am - MD
Thank you everyone for your replies. I really appreciate your suggestions. I am going to try the tea tonight since I do not have any of the other items in my house tonight. I will try to get some other foods soon.
I love this site as this is the best place to get support. We are all hear for each other. Love it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views