Will this make me stop loosing????

LaToya S.
on 1/11/12 10:31 am - Edwardsville, IL
Ahhhh!!!!! I got my protein in today and yesterday but in order to do so---My calories are way up! Almost to 1200, I am getting worried---will this effect my weight loss????

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

RubyTues
on 1/11/12 10:33 am - Canada
I'm having the same concerns...
I've been keeping track of what I eat on a daily basis in my fitness pal and I noticed in order to get my protein up my calories some days are high also.

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 10:56 am
 How are you getting your protein in?
tillmadd
on 1/11/12 10:38 am - WI
 It really depends how active you are and how often you are exercising. Its simple calories in vs. calories burned. Just make your workout a bit more intense...fun right???
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 10:39 am
I can understand why you are worried. I think a lot of plans call for around 600 to 800 calories a day during weight loss. I know some are closer to 1000. My plan is for 600 - 800 per day.

I'm getting roughly 70 grams in a day and staying around 600 - 650 calories. I wonder what we're doing that is different to have such a significant difference in daily calories. Anyhow, I'm sure you'll still lose on 1200 a day - I did before surgery - maybe just not as quickly.  How many calories are your shakes? Mine are about 130 for 21-23 grams of protein.
LaToya S.
on 1/11/12 10:46 am - Edwardsville, IL
No shakes for me, surgeon wants all our protein through our food.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 10:53 am
Got it. I'm not there yet. Have you tried Foster Farms Turkey Meatballs? 160 calories with 19 grams of protein for three meatballs. They are pretty good and three are quite filling. Also, don't know if you like Greek Yogurt, but that is a really high hit on protein for very few calories. I use the Fage 0%. It's 23 grams of protein at 130 calories. Just some suggestions.
edelu
on 1/11/12 11:00 am, edited 1/11/12 11:00 am - los angeles, CA
I get all my protein in through food and rarely go over 800 and if i do only by 50 or so calories.  What are you eating that puts your calorie level so high?  List your food day and deconstruct it. 
hollykim
on 1/11/12 10:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
It might could. What was on your menu that added up to 1200 cals?

RubyTues
on 1/11/12 10:56 am, edited 1/10/12 10:59 pm - Canada
my clinic said no protein shakes either but I do... my dietician said she didn't have a prob, but everyone else at the clinic says NO. there's no way I can get in the protein without them. I dont' have them every day but there are days like today when I need to.
My dietician said I could add whatever fruit I wanted if I make a shake or smoothie to try and mask the protein pwder flavour. And I notice a lot of carbs come from that. I also use crackers instead of bread if I'm having tuna or some peanut butter. The other day I made lil crab melts on them.
I also have fibre1 cereal with 1% milk which was ok'd by the diectician too, but I just looked at my food journal and it's got 24 carbs right there. I also noticed some of the protein bars I'm having as a snack to boost my prot intake are 15-20 carbs right there. I guess I should maybe use them as a meal instead of a snack.
I guess that's just the carbs mainly but I'm kind of focussed on them right now cuz I just read another post saying we should only have 40 carbs and I'm way past that. *sigh*

I know this wasn't my question so I hope you don't LaToya that I'm posting my stuff on here too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views