Successful Sleeve!!!!

girlie155
on 1/13/12 3:18 am - MO
Has anyone had a successful 40f bougie. Or what size is your sleeve?
karenbarb
on 1/13/12 3:21 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
my dr. will use a 40...but, many will tell u that bougie size does not matter......the diff in sizes is very minimal...someone once posted a pic of markers to show the diff. in sizes....maybe someone has it and they will show u........are u getting a 40 ???

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

sianabob
on 1/13/12 3:27 am
My doctor is a military Surgeon.. from what I understand of how he describes the size of the sleeve it seems to be about a 40, I have been more than successful along with a few other girls in the area that have had the same.. after awhile it is ALL based on what YOU do with the tool you were given :) someone with the smallest sized sleeve in the world could still choose to fill it with chips, cookies, and soda

kwiegs3856
on 1/13/12 3:33 am - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
 I have no idea what size mine is.  I asked and I got a snarkly face made at me with this response..."Your getting a medically save size sleeve, that will have less chances of leaking, obstruction and still do it's job!  I shut up after that! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 3:36 am
Can't say to much as to success yet, but my surgeon regularly does a 30 and I asked for a 40, or at least a loose 30.

It seems to me that most of the bad food choices seem to be sliders (chips, popcorn, ice cream) so if you go off plan having a smaller sleeve won't impact that much.  

OTOH healthier stuff like broccoli doesn't slide.  I hope to have room for a few bites of veg and still get my protein in.  Also I thought that a slightly larger sleeve might make hydration easier and I live in an area that gets very hot and have a husband that likes to go to Vegas.  I had a tough enough time getting enough water there with a regular sized stomach.

Tenacious88
on 1/13/12 4:05 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: My surgeon will be using a #38 size bougie, he told me it's the middle size, not to tight, not to loose.
      Sometimes size does matter, for a successful WLS surgery.

Valsdetermined2lose
on 1/13/12 6:52 am
My doc used a 34 on me
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

girlie155
on 1/13/12 9:53 am - MO
I just don't want it to be too big and I end up back where I started. I also thought about just having gastric bypass.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views