It's official, surgery approval and date

AMoody
on 1/13/12 11:33 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
WEll its official, surgery is Feb 6th at 8am, gotta be there by 6am.. Pre surgery testing is on this Wed, 18th, if anyone can tell me what that all intails that would be great, said I would be there for 4 to 5 hours..man thats a long time  They gave me a lite breakfast menue I have to have 2 hours prior to the start of testing,   Then I start my liquid diet on the 22nd of this month.  I ordered my 4 week liquid diet from my surgen, thats mandatory I get it from them, should be delivered this coming Tues or Wed.. and then im scheduled on the next day Jan 23 to go to nutrition class at 9:30a.m.  I have told my boss and supervisior that i will be off those days and when my surgery date is and that I will be off of work probably for 6 weeks after due to my heavy lifting at work..they seemed ok with it.  Never honestly thought it was going to happen.  uess i'll just have to take it one day at a time.  At least Im going into this with lots of knowledge as to what to expect,,,Thank you OH friends....Just had to share

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Cindy22706
on 1/13/12 11:48 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
First- congratulations on getting a date!

Second- thats alot of stuff you still need to get done! Its weird how surgeons require so many different things. The only thing I have left is approval, bloodwork, 2week diet, and then surgery. lol

Again congratulations!
AMoody
on 1/13/12 11:57 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
yea I hear ya.. I have aleady done the sleep study, which was negative and the psych eval which went good.. I started this journey Dec 1st of 2010......went threw one day got letter of denial from my insurance then the next day a letter of approval

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

onemoretry
on 1/13/12 12:21 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Congrats on getting a date!
goingforit1
on 1/13/12 12:57 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Woohoo! we'll be sleeve sisters! Mine is going to be on the 4th. I wish i could go have it done TOMORROW!!! I don't have to start my liquid diet till the 28th but all my pre op stuff was just chest xray, labs, ekg, psych clearance. Nothing too bad or to dread.

good luck and I'll be watching your progress as we do this thang together!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/12 12:01 am - MI
VSG on 01/06/12
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. It is a journey worth taking! I wanted to answer your question about the Pre-Surg Testing...if yours is anything like mine, it was just a blood test and an onslaught of questions about your health history. My doctor required a diagnostic scope down the throat also to check for gall stones and any deformatiies etc. but not all docs require that.
Well, I told you I'd keep you informed and as of this AM I am 7 days out from surgery and down 11.5 lbs. so it REALLY DOES work. LOL Keep the faith!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views