I'm obese!!!

southtexas
on 1/14/12 11:18 pm

I am so excited this morning! I started this journey at 280. My surgery weight was 266. Since I have started, I have lost 48 lbs post-op with a total weight loss of 62 lbs. I am no longer morbidly obese!!!

218 is a long way from where I want to be. I consider myself a slow loser but, I am determined to hit my goal. Thank you all of my OH friends for being my support and inspiration. This has not been an easy thing to do but, all of you really keep me motivated. Hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday.....I, for one, am going shopping!!! 

hollyoosa
on 1/14/12 11:21 pm
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Congratulations! I wanted a t- shirt for each of the stages " obese!, overweight!" and soon " normal" feels great
 How does one become a butterfly??
“You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.?
-Hope for Flowers

southtexas
on 1/14/12 11:26 pm
Thank you! I don't have a t-shirt (although I want one too) but, I sure did call my husband at work to brag about it! You have done amazing! I wish you all of the best!

SouthernmostStar
on 1/14/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 01/25/12
Love your attitude!  I'm going to remember this when I finally slide out of the realm of super obese to morbid obese to regular obese.

Thanks for sharing in such a positive way.  Enjoy your day!

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

southtexas
on 1/14/12 11:33 pm

Thanks! When I first started this journey, I was super obese too. I didn't even know there was such a thing as super. Now, I have finally hit obese it feels amazing. I have been morbidly obese for, at least, the past 7-8 years.

You are going to kick some tail on your journey! Keep your head up. The next year is going to be filled with so much emotion and victories. It only gets better from here! Best of luck to you!!!

Kim_M
on 1/15/12 12:44 am - LaPorte, TX
You are doing great something to keep in mine on your shopping trip.As we get smasller about every 10lbs you change sizes. I have hit a 10 thought I was about done so went to express and got a few jeans ***at 89.00 each on sale*** guess what they are getting to big and I just bought them at Christmas. I am 5 8 and really pleased with this size. I am also 46 do look pretty good for an old lady!!!Well havenm't got my money's worth out of them and won't be in them for long. I remember when I went to walmart last place I was buying jeans and was in a 14 tried on the 12's then for giggles tried 10's and they fit so I skipped right over 12's.; The most awesume feeling is when my teenage girls grab my jeans by mistake and have to bring them back with a sorry mom thought these were mine.Awhile back that would never had happened.So I got tired of going to walmart once a wekk and dropping 40 bucks for two pair of jeans so I started hitting resale shops untilo Christmas/Then here I go agin thinking I was at the size I was going to be and now guess what what not.LOL Sorry so long just a thought 

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
jessicae
on 1/15/12 3:26 am
 congratulations!  I was excited also when i went under 40 BMI.  I started at 52 and 280, and had surgery at 264 so we're around the same.  i'm also only 5'2 and am now at a 38 BMI.  can't wait to get under 30!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views