Had a few bumps in the road

Teach66
on 1/16/12 3:20 am - IN
Well I was doing just fine until last Thursday I started throwing everything up that I put in my mouth!  I couldnt figure out what was going on as I was eating very slowly and following all the guidelines.  Friday morning I woke up, took my meds as always and within 10 min I was throwing those up and had extremely bad dry heaves.  I contacted my surgeon and he sent me to the hospital to have 2 bags of fluids.  When I got there I found out he had also ordered an endoscopy for me that day.  Well low and behold the doc that performed that informed me that I had a "grape" lodged and was blocking everything.  I told him that was interesting because I have not eaten any grapes since my surgery!  I got to thinking about it and Thursday morning I had had Cherry/pomegranite greek yogurt!  So it must have been part of a cherry that did not get small enough when I swallowed it!!  He also informed me that he stretched my esophogus because it was extremely small and tight.  That has really helped me because I am not getting as sick when I swallow my meds now!  SO word of advice if you are eating any yogurt with frui****ch those pieces of fruit!!

Amber74
on 1/16/12 3:26 am - CA
Amber74
on 1/16/12 3:27 am - CA
 Glad that it was sorted out and that it wasn't too bad!  Going back in after this surgery is always scary though...I had to go back after because of fluid collection under one of the incisions....It's a little unnerving!  Glad your better

ruggie
on 1/16/12 3:40 am - Sacramento, CA
Wow!  Was the grape/cherry stuck in your esophagus or stomach?  (I assume esophagus?)  Did you have any sensation that it was stuck?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Teach66
on 1/16/12 5:19 am - IN
It was actually stuck in my Pylorich Sphyincter (sp).  He said that its hard some times for sleeve patients because we still have that.  It is the small opening at the end of the stomach. 

soulsister
on 1/16/12 3:58 am - NY
Post op most surgeons strees no yogurt with pieces of fruit in it. Glad you are feeling better.
karenbarb
on 1/16/12 4:14 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
i guess we can eat that kind of yog....just pick out the fruit pieces ?????

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views