Information please

AMoody
on 1/22/12 9:36 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I go to my nutrition dietition tomorrow morning, I had to start my pre op liquid diet, but I find the protien drinks almost unbearable, I was wondering if on your pre op liquid diet is that all you are supposed to have or can  you have other clear liquids, like say broth? I am 3 protien drinks shy of what Im supposed to have..Im supposed to have 5 pudding/shake or smoothies and a ffulfill fiber drink/gelatin a day.. so far I have only done 2 protien shakes and a a fiber drink.. I know I'll be seeing them tomorrow but I thought I would ask you guys for tonight.  Thanks

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

happyteacher
on 1/22/12 10:15 am
 Here are my two favorite protein drinks- perhaps ask them if they will work.  I am not a fan of the choclate type shakes, but I am able to get them down.  Instead I actually like to drink these:

Isopure Plus- drinks like kool aid, 15 grams protein 0 carb 60 cals
Isopure Smoothies- 32 grams protein about 210 calories and estimating 14 grams of carb (Sorry, I don't have a bottle to check)

The plus is considered a clear liquid, the smoothie would be a "full" liquid- like your shakes. 

The most palatable shake for me is Costco Premier- 30 grams of protein and low carbs.  Everything else I had to choke down.

You could also try adding in cocoa powder to a shake- that helped me get the crap muscle milk that I bought finished.  

If you have a powder form- try a scoop in your coffee.  Even crappy mixes seem to do well in coffee!  (Decaf coffee... try to detox if this is an issue for you.)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

C. Harvey
on 1/22/12 10:22 am
VSG on 01/11/12
i wish i could help you...but i only done clear liquids 2 days before and was not required to have any protein...with my clear liquids i did water chicken broth and jello

AMoody
on 1/22/12 10:26 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Wish I was doing your pre op

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

tazman74
on 1/22/12 1:25 pm - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
Try unjury.com they have some good products Get the sample pack first.
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 11:07 pm - MI
VSG on 01/06/12
Unjury is really good (better when mixed with skim milk) and I love ZPRO25, that one I can do with water and it's just fine. For my clear liquids I did chicken/beef broth, jello, sugar free Popsicles, no sugar juice mixed with the unflavored Unjury, etc. you just have to find a "good" protein drink and how you like to mix it because it will be CRUCIAL to you after your surgery to drink lots of them. Also, keep the protein drinks VERY COLD they go down much better and it keeps them from coagulating too early. Hope that helps! Say hi to my Uncle for me if you see him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views