How Many Of You Mall Walk?

TonyEldridge
on 1/26/12 3:20 am, edited 1/26/12 3:47 am - Forney, TX
VSG on 12/28/11 with
I have started going to the Mesquite, Tx Town East mall to get my walking in. It opens at 8m for mall walkers, so you can get in and out before the shoppers arrive. Their website says 4 times around the second level is 2 miles.

I was curious to know how many others do the mall walking thing?
Tony

(EDIT) I originally posted that the mall's website said 4 times around the 2nd floor was 4 miles... I meant 2 miles). I have corrected that in the post.

HogRider
on 1/26/12 3:37 am - Jacksonville, FL
My wife and I walk the mall 3-4 times a week. Not sure how far it is, but 4 laps takes an hour at a modest rate. We go in the evening so we get extra calorie burn ducking and dogging old people and toddlers.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
goclint
on 1/26/12 3:40 am - TX
Ugh, I'm afraid if I mall walked I'd max out my credit cards! I have to admit, I always hated shopping before the surgery, but I love it now.  It's nice to be able to buy clothes somewhere other than the big and tall shop or Casual Whale!

By the way, Town East Mall was a HUGE part of my childhood.  I grew up in Waxahachie and my aunts and cousins lived in Greenville. Town East was the halfway point and we'd meet there to hang out, shop, eat, etc. 

Have a good day!
doggz109
on 1/26/12 7:07 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I have been doing it here when it rains or the weather is bad.  It's a nice change of pace.
frenchgrapes
on 1/26/12 8:04 am - TX
I tried mall walking before but our malls are either too crowded to walk at a decent pace or they are so empty I feared for my safety. Got a treadmill to use when it is too cold, hot or rainy. Looking forward to walking the parks in my hometown as soon as the weather is warm and dry enough. Fresh air for the lungs and Vitamin D too.
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views