Atkins Plan

LaToya S.
on 1/29/12 4:53 am - Edwardsville, IL
Is anyone doing Atkins or have done Atkins? I did it one week after surgery and I lost 6 pounds that week...I stopped due to not going back to the store to buy what was needed Going to start again (1/2 way today and fully tomorrow) I know a few WLS people who do Atkins and it works great for them...they get all thier protein in AND it helps them with thier carbs. I am a serious carb addict and I think that is why I lost so much the first week (I have PCOS and my body does not know how to process carbs)

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/29/12 5:12 am
The post-WLS eating plan for most of us resembles Atkins except for the fat.  Atkins allows for really fatty cuts of meat and nuts, whereas our eating plan is targeting to keep calories down, thus the need to watch fat since it drives calories up fast.  Otherwise, we're protein-based, big time!

I have to avoid carbs, too, because not only can they be sliders, but they make me crave more carbs.  A vicious, ugly cycle for me.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

comeundone
on 1/29/12 11:58 am, edited 1/28/12 11:59 pm - OH
I use the shakes and follow some of the rules.I lost alot doing it pre-op I use lean meats only
HW 289  SW 242

prevsgcrys
on 1/29/12 3:53 pm - OH
I was in complete shock that "our new way of eating"  resembles the adkins so much...lolol I guess I thought a little stomach meant..only a little of everything....lol I followed this site so closely while I was on medical leave and was in complete and utter shock that I had done this and now I have to follow Adkins..I couldnt do it when I tried before...lol   I dont think carbs around 20 is reasonable ...but I do range from 30 to 40, as I love my yogurt and that is prob the carbiest thing I eat..
I am now so proud of myself that I can say no to the carbs I once craved.....I am now a self proclaimed carb-a-phobic...lol

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views