5 weeks post op, stomach hurts

Softballgal73
on 1/30/12 7:50 am, edited 1/30/12 7:51 am
Last week I was taking Tramadol prescribed by my OBGYN for some major menstrual cramps. (My sleeve surgeon cleared me to take motrin but it didn't help)

Friday night, I went out to eat. Ate a turkey burger pattie (only took about 3 bites), 2-3 bites of mashed potatoes (which I know is not on my approved list because it is a carb) and I threw up for the first time when I got home...Felt like the turkey burger was stuck in my throat.

All day on Sat could barely eat anything, 2-3 bites and I couldn't get another bite down

Sun couldn't take a bite of anything, absolutely could not eat. Drank liquids all day

Today- ate 1/4 protein bar (stomach hurt bad), Lunch- ate 4 small bites of chicken enchilada soup (I made it on Sunday low carb) with cheese.....stomach feels like someone is sticking a knife in and turning it in my stomach. It kind of even hurts to drink water today?? 

Did the tramadol harm my stomach?

What is wrong with me???
Eileen73
on 1/30/12 8:03 am - NY
VSG on 01/24/12
I don't know what's wrong with you but if it were me having this experience I would call the surgeon right away.  It's better to be safe than sorry.  I hope you feel better soon!
Ms. Poker Face
on 1/30/12 8:21 am, edited 1/30/12 9:13 am
Last week I was taking Tramadol prescribed by my OBGYN for some major menstrual cramps. (My sleeve surgeon cleared me to take motrin but it didn't help)

Friday night, I went out to eat. Ate a turkey burger pattie (only took about 3 bites), 2-3 bites of mashed potatoes (which I know is not on my approved list because it is a carb) and I threw up for the first time when I got home...Felt like the turkey burger was stuck in my throat.

All day on Sat could barely eat anything, 2-3 bites and I couldn't get another bite down

Sun couldn't take a bite of anything, absolutely could not eat. Drank liquids all day

Today- ate 1/4 protein bar (stomach hurt bad), Lunch- ate 4 small bites of chicken enchilada soup (I made it on Sunday low carb) with cheese.....stomach feels like someone is sticking a knife in and turning it in my stomach. It kind of even hurts to drink water today?? 

Did the tramadol harm my stomach?

What is wrong with me???

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

getmylifeback12
on 1/30/12 8:37 am - NY
I agree with everyone else. Call your surgeon or go to your nearest ER....do you have a fever? You should not wait, something small can turn into something big. Good Luck to you.
Softballgal73
on 1/30/12 9:12 am
Edited: Didn't mean to make it sound like I was needing to go to ER. Nonetheless, I will call my Dr. in the morning. Just awful stomach ache. I did walk today and felt fine, no fever.  If nothing else, It may be what I read about the pouch getting irritated and needing to go back on liquids for a few days. Will call my Dr. tomorrow.  Thanks
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views