Navy

BigKev78
on 1/31/12 2:17 am - Lilburn, GA
 Went to see a Navy recruiter today. Turns out that any weight loss surgery is a medical disqualifying condition.  I am bummed. :(

Big Kev   My video Blog: http://www.youtube.com/user/ckb1978?feature=mhee

rainsong
on 1/31/12 2:19 am
Hugs.. so sorry your disappointed. I'm a navy wife so I knew that was the case.

1 month: 25 lbs; 2 month: 19.5 lb; 3 month: 14.6

Sara R.
on 1/31/12 2:32 am
that sucks majorly!!! i didnt know this and was planning on joining when i lost weight too. :( sorry
SouthernmostStar
on 1/31/12 6:08 am
VSG on 01/25/12
I'm sorry for those of you who wished to serve.  Is it also a disqualifying condition for the reserves? 

I don't want to give you platitudes, but I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason.  While you might not be able to serve in the Navy, I believe life will point you in another direction in which you're meant to serve.

Thank you in advance for doing what you'll do.

Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

BethR311
on 1/31/12 6:46 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I'm way too old to consider joining the military, but my son is enlisted and leaves for Navy boot camp in July, after his high school graduation.

But how insanely shortsighted of them to exclude valuable recruits for this reason! Is there any possibility of an appeal? Of course, with the economy in the crapper the way it is, the services can be as choosy as they want. I agree with the earlier poster. I appreciate your willingness to serve our country and believe that your attitude will bring you to a place where you will be highly valued.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active