Just wanna cry!

jakebsmommy
on 1/31/12 11:29 am - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
I am so stressed out!  My son and I had to move back to Maryland because we had a lot of Drama in texas!  I really miss my husband.  I think that all the stress is hindering my weight loss!  I would really like some advice to get it jump started again.  Please help! 
      Cheri  
Amy D.
on 1/31/12 11:34 am
 Sorry for your troubles ... you just need to focus on yourself instead of your situation!  Take one step at a time one day at a time!   if you could find a support group in your area this may be a tremendous asset.  You've come this far ... don't give up!   We are worth it! 

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
sunnymicki
on 1/31/12 11:40 am
I am sorry for your stress!  I know that when I get really stressed, I want to do major comfort eating.  Hello chocolate!  I don't know if this is part of your problem, but it is for me.  Someone here (sorry, can't remember their name) has the quote in their avatar: "You are not a dog.  Don't reward yourself with food."  And that is a helpful little punch in the gut every time I see it.

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress, as is journaling.  Anything but putting extra food in your mouth.  And make sure you are getting enough sleep.  Stress can steal our sleep, but you won't lose as much weight as you could otherwise if you are sleep deprived.

For me, when I've gotten a bit off track, like after the holidays, the key thing was making a commitment to journal all my food and water, and sticking to that.  Once I was writing it all down again, it was much easier to stick to my plan.

Hang in there!  I'm sure you'll be back on track before you know it!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Gityup7
on 1/31/12 12:38 pm - CA
I'm praying for you. Take a walk or anything else as a distraction. Try to focus on you.

Happy966
on 1/31/12 9:03 pm

I think we all find it challenging to get back on track, but once I start, it gets easier every day.  I find that I do best by tracking everything I eat, without exception. 

The first few days back on plan are harder.  I repeat several mantras to myself:

Accept that a bite or two will not make a bad situation better.

Accept that we may repeatedly have the craving to eat compulsively. Experience shows us that such feelings will pass if we do not act on them.

I also find that staying on OH and posting really helps keep my focus on why I'm trying to do this.  We are here for you, and I know you can do it!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views