Patti Lissbissberger Patient Adocate iwith Jerusalem Hospital s Wonderful

ninahart12
on 2/3/12 10:46 pm - kansas city, MO
VSG on 01/20/12

Thank God my patient Advocate Patti Lissberger and Jerusalem Hospital.

My journey started several years ago… I had the lapband placed in me on 05/01/07. I had the band for 4 years. I finally was able to put an end to my compulsive eating patterns / habits and thought I had found the “cure" for my addiction to food. I lost 118  lbs., which gave me a new life… Then about 2 years ago, I started having “problems" with the band…. It ended up slipping. I couldn’t eat hardly anything. It had gotten so bad that I actually had to check myself into the hospital and have it removed due to the malnutrition and dehydration. I had this done on 11/4/11.  I did a lot of research on places and people who have the experience in dealing with this type of situation. I was thrilled to meet and get to know Patti; she had a similar journey as well… She shared her personal experience with the lapband and how it affected her life, And how she went on to getting the gastric sleeve. I was very happy to be able to learn and count on her expertise in getting the gastric sleeve (after the lapband). Patti spent weeks with me on the phone answering my question and putting my fears to rest, her background in addiction treatment helped me tremendously, as my food addiction switches to other areas of my life; Patti listened with a gentle and compassionate ear and offered suggestions. Out of the kindness of her heart, Patti continues to help me well after my surgery which is value added. There are several teams and coordinators that you can work with when deciding on where to go for assistance. I considered myself lucky to actually be able to work with a person who had the lapband and had it removed and then got the gastric sleeve. Now that I have trekked down to Mexico, I can say with a great deal of certainty…  Patti truly prepared me for the road that was in front of me. She has dedicated her life to helping others find their path when it comes to weight loss surgery. She is inspirational and spends a great deal of time educating people who are having weight loss surgery. I met several other patients while in Mexico, and cannot begin to tell you how much more prepared I was… All the patients received excellent care, but Patti helped me to the point that I was sharing her knowledge with other patients. She even took the time from her calendar to go with me to Tijuana. I don’t think I would have gone through the process if it hadn’t been for her.

What is extremely important to take from my situation is this… There are some great surgeons and some “not so great" surgeons… The combination that will give you the success that you are seeking is to have the right coordinator. I learned a lot while in Mexico and realize that I am very fortunate to have Patti as my personal “Patient Advocate". She is the one person that you can trust and count on throughout your journey. She makes herself available 24/7. So if you are wanting weight loss surgery and considering Mexico… Find out from her, what doctors to consider and ask if she would take you on as one her patients. I talked with several of her former patients and she came to me very highly recommended. I feel so strongly about her care, I feel that giving people her name and number is more important than talking about the surgeon or facility. The care was great! Patti eased my fears, concerns and was actually able to represent “me"… when it came to my particular situation. The amazing part of all this… She doesn’t charge any type of fees to the patient for her help. The doctors love working with her because her patients come so well prepared. Because of her passion and commitment I feel like screaming this from the rooftop! I wish anyone starting their journey in making life a better place, the very best…

I will keep journaling my success with the sleeve.

My top weight was 242 lbs. I lost 118 lbs with the lapband. I had the lap band removed on 11/4/11. From that date to 1/25/12 I gained 20+ lbs. I got the sleeve on 1/25/12 and my weight stopped going up and I have started losing the gained weight. Thank God for the Surgeons, and my patient Advocate Patti Lissberger.

Healthier2011
on 2/3/12 11:03 pm
I"m happy it's all working out for you! 

I see you live in KC too!!!  Not too often do I see someone on here from my area!

Where do you go for support groups, or do you?

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/4/12 12:47 am
There's no easy way to say this, so I'll get right to it.  This sounds like an advertisement to me.  

I caution folks about this post because Jerusalem "hospital" has gotten a lot of bad reviews on here.  And this post is all about the patient advocate Patti.  And it's the only post this person has made.

Seems fishy to me.  Again, like an advertisement.

I hope it's not.  And in that case, congrats and best of luck to you in your journey.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active