Ulcers found on Preop tests

mrsnate
on 2/6/12 7:12 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I am one stressed out woman!  I have jumped through all the hoops (psych eval, 6 month supervised diet, bloodwork, more bloodwork, chest xray, EKG, cardiac clearance, etc) so I can submit for approval for VSG, and today, the LAST test needed, I found out I have some "mild ulcers" in my upper GI tract.  UGH!  I know it's a safety thing, so I guess I should be grateful they were found, but I'm so disappointed that this is going to delay my surgery by probably 2 months! ...Not to mention this is the 2nd time in 2 years I've gone through all these tests (due to change of insurance issues).  I feel like I could cry.
~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
Jackie F.
on 2/6/12 7:18 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
sorry to hear.  Just think of this as a minor set back you've waited 2 years whats another 60 days.  Your day will come sooner then later.  I to was disappointed to hear that I was Vitamin D deficient and I had to be on medication for 12 weeks before my surgeon referral.  I was bummed to say the least.  But its for our own good. I'm at week 10 so I have two weeks to go before I can submit my final referral to the surgeon.

Good luck!
Tac211
on 2/6/12 7:42 am - NJ
OMG me to. This is the second time around for me to because of change of insurance. Now  getting ready to have a second upper GI because they found ULCERS. I am like WTF is this a plot against me This is my annoyed face. Now my 6 month supervised diet will be complete in March I have my finger crossed that this second GI comes out ok if so I will be sleeved the second week in April Good Luck to you
mrsnate
on 2/6/12 12:25 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
I guess thinking about an extra month or two isn't the end of the world, but I'm just SO ready!  I read on another forum that a man had VSG with the bacterial kind of ulcers (without knowing he had it) and it ended up causing all kinds of trouble with leaking and stuff.  I'm just trying to happy that we found it now and can hopefully prevent that kind of trouble. 

I'm guessing if I start treating the ulcers now I'll be "healed" by early April, submit to insurance and hopefully have surgery in early May. 

Thanks for letting me vent.
~Rebecca
Mother to 4, married to a wonderful man, trying to find myself again.    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views