getting your liquids and protein in?

Stacie B.
on 2/8/12 2:43 am - Charlotte, NC
 I have recently experienced the importance of getting my liquids and protein in. It really does help when you are in a stall! I have discovered/created a couple drinks with that will help me get to my daily goal.

Problem: I used to drink one protein shake in the mid morning, using 8 oz of milk and a scoop of Jay Robb Chocolate Protein Powder. Although its delicious it gets boring after awhile. I would also sip on 32 oz of plain filtered water all day, not always finishing it. This gives me 40 oz of liquid plus a glass of water when I wake up and a glass before I go to bed (16 oz) equals 56 oz. Although this is good its not enough. I would always forget to drink a second protein at night and not get enough protein in. Also I would eat protein rich breakfast and lunch and a light dinner usually consisting of a peice of cheese.

Solution: Protein Mocha and Crystal light w/ unflavored protein!! Now instead of a regular chocolate protein shake, have a Protein Mocha for my midmorning snack. Mix 8 oz of milk, 12 oz of cold decaf coffee and one scoop of Jay Robb's Chocolate Protein Powder. Shake it all together in a skaker. It tastes just like the bottled frappaccinos you get at the store! It's a Mocha Protein-accino!! 32 grams of protein and 20 oz of liquid. Instead of plain filtered water, I fill a 28 oz drinking bottle with water, add crystal light and a scoop of unflavored protein powder. Shake it all together and it tastes just like Crystal Light. Today, instead of crystal light I used some natural lemon flavoring to the water. Its a little cloudy, so you might want to put this drink in a opaque bottle so you can't see the liquid, but it tastes great. 28 oz of liquid and 20 oz protein.

With these two drinks (48 oz of liquid and 52 grams of protein) I am well on my way to my daily goal. add a glass of water in the morning and at night (16 oz) and I've got 64 oz. Eat  just 18 more grams in protein rich meals and I've got 70 grams of protein!! YAY!!

HW: 210 SW: 193 GW:120 Ht:5'0" Age: 36

modesd_555
on 2/8/12 2:53 am
 Thanks for sharing this.....I've been struggling! I will definitely try this regimen of measurement. God bless you on your Journey!
 I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me!    
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 211 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 295 views