healthy diet easier to follow after Sleev ???

Arathi B.
on 2/9/12 4:03 pm, edited 2/9/12 4:07 pm - Bangalore, India

i am an Addtict to this site.... i wanna understand one thing.....
 i see people  can easily follow an healthy diet after Sleev .. as in first protein , than less of carb etc... is that people dont crave ?
 all i wanna know is if we  know how to follow an healthy diet .. cant we still follow the same without having an surgery?
if yes thn why surgery

if not how can surgery help you to stick on to your health diet

have also people posting that commitment is on top priority after surgery, i guess  everyone  knows commitment is very important which is very difficult to keep up  now ( without surgery) how is that aspect changing after surgery ? how can one keep up their commitment to follow particular diet? is it easy? after surgery

:)
 anyways have my surgery scheduled on 13th guys :) love you all

doggz109
on 2/9/12 4:20 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
The temptations are still there after surgery.  There are plenty of people who either stop losing or gain weight back because they did not fix their mental issues.

The sleeve just prevents you from eating as much as you used to - it will not make you make better choices.  That is up to you.
Arathi B.
on 2/9/12 4:28 pm - Bangalore, India
Thanks Doggz...

since grehlin harmone is out.... do u feel a little difference in terms of cravings and hunger???
katier825
on 2/9/12 6:13 pm
The combination of the reduced capacity and reduction in Ghrelin is the difference. While in the losing phase, the diet becomes your new normal way of life. Once the weight starts coming off, you realize that you CAN do this and it inspires you to keep going to get to your goals!

I find that as long as I still measure my portions, and eat the protein first, I'm good. If I guess at portion size, I sometimes go over what I should have. I've been at goal since June. I don't feel like I am "dieting" anymore - this is just my new normal way of life, but I do stop and think (most of the time) before I pick the bad stuff. I eat more veggies than I ever did and way less junk than I ever did. I will continue to track my intake. It's easier to maintain if I make small adjustments now and then to calorie/carb intake. I do have treats now and then. I don't keep many snack type foods in the house because once I do have them, I crave them. But overall, I find it much easier to maintain than I expected.
Arathi B.
on 2/9/12 6:17 pm - Bangalore, India
treuly love your post  katier thanks a ton :)
katier825
on 2/9/12 6:23 pm
:)

I forgot to add that when I'm having cravings or really hungry, I start off by having a cup of tea or other drink.  If I'm still hungry after that, I might have something.  The hunger varies.  Sometimes I go more than half the day without eating, and then need to play catch up with the protein.  It's so hard to imagine what it's like after the surgery.  I think you just have to experience it firsthand to understand.

It has been such a blessing for me.  I am so much healthier than I was when I started.  I was very fortunate to have such a great doctor and that everything went well for me. 

Good luck!
Arathi B.
on 2/9/12 6:37 pm - Bangalore, India
thanks kati i just cant wait till 13th.... you have beenn my inspirational  .......... will soon join you :))
katier825
on 2/9/12 6:48 pm
Only a few more days!  Good luck!  Have you been reading up on what to expect after surgery?  Don't worry if the first few days are rough.  It does get better!  Let us know how you are doing along the way.
Arathi B.
on 2/9/12 6:54 pm - Bangalore, India
thanks for your support :) will surely keep you updated :) love ya ... you have been considerate :) thanks once again see ya soon...........

cant wait to get into looser bench :)))
AmberK
on 2/9/12 10:25 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks for this post! It really put things into perspective for me! For example, we have all tried eating healthy and exercising, and when it didn't work, we went back to our old ways. So, when we loose weight by eating right and exercising after the sleeve, we actually see results! Which in return causes us not to want to go back to our old ways! 
I am having surgery on March 7th! I hope this is how it will be with me! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views