July Sleevers Check-In

sleeverinKC
on 2/11/12 11:12 pm
Hey July sleevers, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. 

Today is my 7 month surgiversary and I am loving life.  I am down 88 pounds and getting closer to my goal everyday.  For the first 6 months I was obsessed with everything, food and what it consisted of, time I ate, when I exercised, vitamins, weighing myself everyday, etc.  It was kind of making me a little crazy.  So I stopped and took a little break.  I still made sure that I tracked food/vitamins/water/exercise everyday, but I went all of month 6 without weighing myself.  I still was able to lose 8 pounds that month and I knew that I didn't have to be so obsessive about it all.  This surgery definitely has a learning curve.   

I have started the couch to 5K program and so far so good, I'm scheduled to run my first 5K in March, little nervous.  I'm comfortably in a 10 or a 12 depending on brand for pants and consistently in a medium for tops.  I LOVE shopping, which might not be a great thing for the pocketbook, but it definitely has been for my confidence.  Knowing that I can shop at what are considered "normal" stores feels amazing. 

How is everyone else doing? 
My Journey to a HEALTHY Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend!!   

ruggie
on 2/12/12 3:29 am - Sacramento, CA
Doing great myself!  Over 110 pounds gone now.  Nearly at my goal.  Weight is coming off much more slowly, but it's still coming off. 

I also just started my couch to 5K program, but I mean just... it's still going to be 3 months until I fini****  I plan to do a 5K in this summer, and then the Race to Feed the Hungry 10K in November!  I've never done something like this but I'm going to!!!

Clothes shopping is very bittersweet - things look fantastic, or baggy because I can't wear a smaller size due to my skin-gut.  :(

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Cathy2402
on 2/12/12 5:01 am
So I had surgery at the end of July and I'm down about 95 pounds. I'm not exercising like I should but I'm doing great with eating the right foods! I'm still far off from my goal but I'm still losing! I've lost many dress sizes and still struggle with clothes fitting right! I look forward to reaching my goal!!! Keep up the great work fellow sleevers!
HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

Chrislove
on 5/30/12 9:47 am
I am a  new July sleever.  My date is July 3rd 2012

Most Active