Dry skin

tazman74
on 2/21/12 8:01 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
To start I have always had dry hands and feet as far back as I can remember. But now my skin is dry everywhere out of the blue I woke up this morning and I was fine. I went to work (first day back) and about 2:00 pm I noticed my arms and back started to burn and it tuns out that my skin is VERY dry and I am breaking out on my side. Any one have ideas on why I may be getting dry skin so bad? I think I am drinking enough fluids. I know your not Drs but I value your opinions and I will be taking to my Dr on the 27th unless it gets worse.
tristak
on 2/21/12 8:23 am
Well it could partially be due to your limited intake of food fats.  I recommend trying a cream (not lotion) like Eucerin or Aveeno or Gold Bond.

Best of luck!

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

Argee68
on 2/21/12 8:29 am - CO
I can't really help you, I guess, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!  My skin, too, has always been dry, but since my surgery it is SO dry that it drives me nuts!!  I'm constantly putting lotion on my hands, and me feet... well, just forget it!  It's horrible!!  I just use a lot of lotion, morning and night, all over!  If you're breaking out from it, maybe try a cortizone cream or something, where the breakout is?  I don't know, mine hasn't gotten that far (yet?).  Hopefully it's just temporary, though!!
Good luck!!
Pooch2
on 2/21/12 8:35 am
I have never been one to have to use lotions but I had this happen somewhere about my 3rd week or so out...my stomach and the sides twoard my lower back.....I applied a skin moisturizer for about 3 or 4 days a couple of times a day and I have been fine ever since.   I thought it was due to our weather conditions but since I have not had a history of this before, it must have to do with our bodies adjusting to our surgery and or limited food, maybe fats I really have no idea but for me...it passed in a few days.   Get your water and stay the course, if it gets worse call your PCP.   (and of course if you get a temperature, let everybody know ASAP)
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 11:04 am
 Dry skin and active eczema here.  Definitely worse since surgery.  Gold Bond (the white bottle w/gold) makes if feel better for awhile.  It embarrases me at aqua aerobics because my eczema is showing and I wonder if the other people in class think I have something contagious. 
Most Active