Denied! Help!

Kya72
on 2/21/12 11:58 pm - WI
 I just want to cry... I have Badgercare Security Health and have been denied because I have no Comobities... I was so hoping to have my surgery in the beginning of March... I have signed up to do a half marathon in the beginning of June... I wanted to be a few months out of surgery before this... not to mention I may loose this insurance in June..

What do I do?  I know I can appeal.. but what do I say... how to I convince them I need this surgery??  I just don't understand why they need to be so strict... its not like we jump into these decisions lightly... 
1london
on 2/22/12 12:58 am
I do not have any advice......I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you were denied and I hope things all work out for you and you get the answer you deserve.....a yes!
Hang in there!

mrsfloflo
on 2/22/12 4:07 am - Grand Prairie, TX
First, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I was denied twice so I know a bit of how you are feeling. They denied me because at one point I had a BMI of 39.5 and so they would not count it as 40. Ridiculous.

I recommend two things:
1. Write a letter and be honest about why you need this surgery, not too too emotional, but honest and open about what this means for your health and future. How  this surgery will make you healthier. How has being overweight affected your health and how you believe this will make you healthier, not only physically, but emotionally and mentally.
2. Ask your doctor for all the evidence they submitted and review everything. I found a couple of errors in what my doctor sent and I think that helped as well.

Best of luck to you and keep fighting don't give up!
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views