First visit with the surgeon today!

Michelle10929
on 2/22/12 11:58 am - NC
It went great, I'm VERY excited. All of my visits (nutritionist, endoscopy ect) are scheduled between now and March 22nd. He said to expect between that, and his surgery schedule about 2 months. Wow.. 2 months will fly by. Pending  no insurance problems... LOL

But.. he said he does not forsee any insurance issues going in with 3 comorbidities (thought I was going in with just diabetes.. wrong lol) Funny how you can leave the Dr's office and actually be HAPPY that you have more things wrong with you than you thought. LOL

I feel weird though.. because I'm a little limited in who is able to help pick me up from the Endoscopy and surgery because people work ya know? I'm a single mom, and my family isn't here in town, and I just don't want tons of people to know. So here, I run into my ex-boyfriend tonight who has a lot of daytime availability. He's already offered to take me to the endoscopy, wait, and bring me home. I decided also to say that there may be a surgery in the next few months, and he's offered to help in any way there too. Ugg.. and I still won't tell him what its for.. sigh. Such a nice guy.. I just feel like I'm not ready to say it. But, I have a hard time lieing too. I just told him I'm fine, I'm not dieing.. I'm fine! LOL
Michelle10929
on 2/22/12 12:00 pm - NC
Oh, and the best part was when the surgeon and I realized we're both from Ohio. I said.. Are you a buckeye fan? Cause if you're not there are two other surgeon's in this practice! LOL. I said ok ok, as long as you're not a Michigan fan we're good! :)
moonglo82
on 2/22/12 12:02 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm so glad your appointment went well today... I know this has been on your mind a lot lately

And even though the ex is probably an ex for a reason, it sounds like he could be a good friend through this, if you're comfortable with that.

Keep us posted on everything!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

New_me2011
on 2/22/12 12:54 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 From one Michele to another, CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes!

Michele            

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views