Protein protein I am so confuuuuuuuuuuuuuused LOL

loser2be
on 2/24/12 9:03 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
Had my pre-op today :) they suggested I order my protein from Bariatric Advantage.  I hate to spend a bunch of money and not use it.  I am a fruity taste kind of person or chocolate but don't like coffee or vanilla.  Any recommendations for local stores say, Walmart, GNC, or Costco?

Thanks for your help!

Jill

rarejem
on 2/24/12 9:20 am - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
There is a Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder sample pack on www.smartbodynutrition.com . The price is $17.69. You might fid a sample pack cheaper elsewhere.
It has the following flavors:
  • Apple Ecstasy
  • Cappuccino
  • Caribbean Cooler
  • Chocolate Truffle
  • Crystal Sky
  • Fuzzy Navel
  • Lemon Tea
  • Pink Grapefruit
  • Roadside Lemonade
  • Strawberry Kiwi
  • Strawberry Mousse
  • Twisted Cherry
  • Vanilla Bean Torte

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

NanaDebby65
on 2/24/12 9:33 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I'm a fan of Dymatize ISO-100 Gourmet Vanilla. I flavor mine up with SF Chocolate and instant coffee, so I'm not much help to you on that.

Just wanted to say if you purchase the powder from GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, they will allow you to exchange opened containers if you dont like the one you purchased. This might help finding the one you "like" especially since it can get expensive in your search for the right one.

Good Luck!!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
rarejem
on 2/24/12 9:45 am - WA
VSG on 04/09/12
Costo also has a ready made chocolate shake. The brand is Premier.  I bought a box to try , but haven't yet. I dislike like really sweet things. I'm more a savory person.

In my vanilla shakes I use a little cinnamon or  sf flavors like Torani suryups. I have a friend who is in the flavored bitters business and I'm going to give some of his flavors a try too.

Good luck.

HW:265, GW:165  CW: 164 Goal reached in 7 months.  

2muchfluff
on 2/24/12 11:22 am
 AMP wheybolic 60 from GNC.  It is whey protein isolate and 20 grams protein per scoop and low carb.  I use the chocolate.  You can return to GNC if you don't like it within 30 days.

twelvegates
on 2/24/12 11:29 am
VSG on 02/13/12

I tried the Syntrax sampler, and ended up liking the Vanilla Bean Torte the best, partially because I figured I could stand it for a loooong period, and partially because I can change the flavor with Torani SF syrups.

But the Chocolate Truffle was easily my second choice.

I thought I would like the fruit flavors, but not so much. However, I did buy some unflavored Syntrax protein powder, which I mix with Mio or Crystal Light, and that works really well.

(I think you could even mix the unflavored protein powder with jello, as long as you didn't put it in when the jello was too hot.)

I put the protein powder in soup, in deviled eggs. etc. -- it's 10 gm protein per scoop. I even add it to the Vanilla Bean Torte to up my protein for the day.

Pretty good deal on the Syntrax sweets and unflavoreds on drugstore.com.

Good luck!!

Age: 54  HT: 5'9"  Starting wt: 304  Surgery wt: 282 Current wt: 203 Goal wt: 150 
2 Wk Preop: -22 Mo 1: -17 Mo 2: -11 Mo 3: -11 Mo 4: -12
Mo 5: -7 Mo 6: -5 Mo 7: -7
Mo 8: -4 Mo 9: -5 Mo 10: -0 Mo 11: -0 Mo 12: in progress

smbergie200
on 2/24/12 12:03 pm - Naples, FL
Jay Robb Protien powder all the way! 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Mermaid7
on 2/24/12 12:44 pm
I found that after the surgery I could not tolerate sweet, sweet tastes.  The Costco Priemere Protein drink comes in choc. or van.  I find the price something I can live with too.
Taste is so individual.  I think you'll have to try some before you find "yours".
Good luck!  And best wishes.

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 2/24/12 1:07 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Call (1-866-333-7403) and speak to someone in their bariatric sales department. You can get a 13-flavor sampler order for $13.00, with free shipping.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 3:12 pm
I LOVE the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme Protein Chocolate powder!
20 grams protein, 4 grams carbs, 92 calories per scoop.

I've heard the Jay Rob is awesome, too, but haven't tried it yet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views