I need some HELP

slimmingsammy
on 2/25/12 10:18 am
Hey Yall!!!

I really hope some of yall can really tell me where I've gone wrong and how to get back.  Since my surgery, I haven't had any problems.  Everything I attempted to eat stayed down, never had pain, and haven't had any deficiencies.  I will say water does kinda make me nauseaus but that has begun to subside.  For the last few weeks, I have been hungry all of the time.  My Dr. told me I don't have to continue to take the prevacid because I've never had any form of indigestion or heartburn.  From my highest weight, I have lost 90 pounds; and since the surgery; 80.  My weight has been the same for the last 2 weeks.  I've been walking for 30-45 minutes daily and have just enlisted the help of a trainer.  I read what others eat on a daily basis and feel as though I may be eating too much.  I make sure that I eat 3-4 ounces per meal but I've gotten seemingly weary of my daily routine.  I'm paranoid that I have stretched my stomach so I've decided that I'm going to take my meals down to 2-3 ounces. 

Anyone have any suggestions???

HW: 396 VSG: 7/5/11: 388 lbs.
sunnymicki
on 2/25/12 10:36 am
How is your water intake?  My weight loss just stalled for 11 days, and I am just about positive it was because I wasn't getting in enough water.  Before the stall broke, I could definitely tell I was retaining water.

As far as being hungry goes - do you watch your carb intake?  The only times I've been hungry and have had cravings were after eating refined carbs.

Are you tracking your food intake?

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

SouthernmostStar
on 2/25/12 10:39 am
VSG on 01/25/12
You talk about the amount that you eat -- 3-4 ounces per meal -- but not what you're eating.  Are you still concentrating on high protein/low carb, sugar, calories?

If you've hit a two week stall, then maybe scaling back a little and making sure that what you eat is protein dense will help shake up your body.  Your trainer can also probably help you increase the intensity of some of your exercise.

90 pounds is a great loss so maybe your body just needs to even out a bit before it goes into another intense losing mode!

Good luck!
Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marcia B.
on 2/25/12 3:58 pm - CA
Stalls happen... for me if I stop eating or eat less than what I do now I just prolong my stalls, I have to add more water and protein...

I have been stalled for 4 weeks or so... try not to panic.  My nut said if you are logging your food, and making good choices, and exercising the scale will start to move again.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

katier825
on 2/25/12 7:26 pm
I think in order to see where to go, you need to see where you've been. You should track your food and see how much protein, carbs, calories you've been taking in. Then you can judge what to change. I would guess you probably don't need to change the quantity of ounces, but what those ounces include. Keep your protein and fluids high, carbs low. Avoid drinking too many carbs/calories.

Also keep in mind that the weight loss is more of a stair step loss than a steady decline for most people. I'm sure you're doing fine, but check the intake just in case.

Good luck!
slimmingsammy
on 2/26/12 12:25 pm
I must be honest and admit that I had stopped keeping track of my food intake.  Just yesterday I got back on track with tracking.  I have also started to grab something to drink when I feel hungry.  I start working with a trainer this week and hope that something begins to change.  I had primarily been drinking sweet tea (with equal; sometimes with sugar) and powerade...sometimes I will crystal light.

At this point, I know I've lost more weight with the surgery than what I would have been able to do without it.

HW: 396 VSG: 7/5/11: 388 lbs.
katier825
on 2/26/12 6:55 pm
A large sweet tea with sugar from McDonalds is 69 carbs. Even the small is 36 carbs.  The Powerade, I see varies from 0-52 carbs.  That alone will be a problem for you!  I've been at goal for over 8 months and I still track my food most days.  It is way too easy to slip back with little things, such as the drinks or serving sizes that "grow" a little more each time.  It's ok to do once in a while, but becomes a problem when we make a regular habit out of it.  When all else fails, go back to basics.  Protein first,carbs low,  keep up the fluids.  You can do it!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views